Wednesday, February 20, 2008

thank you valentine

It has been one hell of week. There has been bangs and bruises, visits to the doctor, ruptured cysts, coughs, colds and even an emergency department visit which lasted close to 5 hours in the middle of the night. But despite all this I have been blogging like a maniac. Dont be fooled into thinking I am actually getting a lot of stuff done, it is just that it is easier to sit at the computer with a small child attached to you than it is to say clean the house or cook dinner.


So while the kids are still sniffling along and I am contemplating getting out of my pyjamas for the first time in days, we are still housebound and stir crazy. To make things a bit brighter this wondrous little package arrived on my doorstep this morning as part of the EB girls Valentines Day swap. Packed full of valentine goodies made by Andrea, it truly did make me feel the best I have in days.


Andrea has gone to so much effort. She made me a wonderful lavender wheat pack in its own little case, a lovely pincushion and a little boxy bag which she jammed full of ribbons, ric-rac and chocolates and even a little set of magnets! Boy oh boy, what wonderful goodies! Thank you so much Andrea. Everything is made so beautifully, I love it all. I only hope you like your little parcel half as much when it finally arrives.


Oh and here is a photo of the little people town I have been watching over the last few days. Lottie insisted I take a photo of it and show you all as she and mister monster have spent hours engrossed in this game while they have been sick. I am not always an onlooker, sometimes I am the train driver or the farmer. But best of all like to be one of the sheep as for some reason they are banished to the loft in the barn so all I have to do is baaa now and then from my comfy spot on the couch.

12 comments:

CurlyPops said...

That package is beautiful. I hope you all get better really really soon!

starashan said...

I hope you are all feeling better soon! Sounds like it's been a pretty rough past few days or so.

Love the parcel, lucky you! :o)
-Sherrin

Helen said...

Wow! That is almost as much Little Peopl as live in our house! LOL Andrea's goodies look lovely!

Cass said...

Wow a great package from Andrea. I think I'd want to be the sheep as well LOL.

megsie said...

hope you are all on the mend Ingrid. We have snotty noses in our house too. no hospital dashes though. scarey :(
our little people scenes look something like yours too lol

Tamara said...

So sad to hear that you all aren't well.
Nothing like a bit of post to cher you up.

Ainslie said...

Hope all is well in your household very soon. We had an emergency hospital dash too last Thursday night, but thankfully Will is ok. I love that your favourite character to play in 'Little People Land' is the sheep so you just have to 'baa' every now and then. Very funny!!!

Corrie said...

wow that is one busy town and i love what andrea has done! so beautifully co-ordinated and love all the red!

Corrie:)

Natalie said...

Wow Ingrid, I love the package you got from Adrea, everything looks fantastic!

Jai loves his little people too, he got the airplane for his birthday and also has a zoo set. Not sure who enjoys playing with it more though, him or me lol.

Hope you and your family are feeling much better soon xx

Lola...again said...

My kids are ill right now too! It does make for lots of great blogging time! My baby won't let me put him down for a second! I hope all are well at both our houses soon!!

Heleen said...

What a beautifull valentine gifts! Hope you feel better real soon!

Corrie said...

ingrid I don't want to tell you but my lovely emmalunga has polka dot fabric on the hood and lining and is oh so cute and was $200 as new...but you probably didn't want to hear that did you!!!!