Tuesday, February 05, 2008

This is.....

This is my collection. Well one of them anyway. But this is definiitely one of my most loved.

I have been collecting vintage patterns since long before I even began sewing. There are way too many to photograph so here is a selection.


These are my favourite patterns sized newborn to three.



Here are my favourite size 4s.



And here are my most treasured vintage french pattern books.



I collect mainly childrens patterns from the 1950s to 1970s with a few womens ones thrown in as well. I also have quite a few Enid Gilchrist pattern books and old womens magazines from the late 1950s to mid 60s that came complete with a pattern in each issue.


Apart from patterns I also collect vintage childrens books, especially those illustrated by Marcel Marlier, Alain Gree and Eloise Wilkin. As well as vintage kitchenalia and cute housewares. I could go on and on, but I will stop there in case Mr Big reads this and reminds me that I am not meant to be collecting anything at all.


Thanks so much to Angela for coming up with such a swell game. I am a straggler I know. I always seem to be a late comer to these things. But better late than never, right?

17 comments:

starashan said...

Great collection Ingrid! :o)

I have a few of those in my stash too, I love patterns from that period too. I am drooling over the French pattern book though- how did you come by those?
-Sherrin

CurlyPops said...

Love the illustrations on the front of the patterns. They're just so cute, especially the french ones!

Jodie said...

Now thats a collection !!!

Dees said...

Oh I just love your collections!!!we do have similar taste,I love the illustrations on the patterns and also Marcel Marlier!thank you so much for visiting my blog,I am glad you did because I love yours!!xoxo

Donna said...

I am coveting the French pattern books--along with everyone else, apparently! I have a small collection of girls' dress patterns from the 1950's and 1960's, but nothing like yours. Thanks for sharing!

Betty said...

they are just darling.
thankyou for sharing

Lark said...

Oh, mon dieu, those French pattern books are to die for!

megsie said...

ohhhh those patterns are fabulous Ingrid!! I have a couple of the smaller girls ones too. so cute and waht a fantastic era for kids fashion

Floss said...

What a wonderful selection of children's pattern! I have lots too, I mainly buy them in a size that will fit my daughter and I use them as often as she'll let me! I love Enid Gilchrist too and have most of her children's publications.

AnastasiaC said...

i love love your collection!! beautiful illustrations and such cute cute clothes...lucky you!
wish I knew how to sew (well properly...)

Donna said...

wow!

Christie said...

what a collection! i wanna come & play at your house!

Corrie said...

oh my gosh those french patterns are too cute and so beautiful! I don't feel bad about all my sewing patterns now after seeing yours!

corrie:)

jenclair said...

I think I'm going to have to begin collecting old patterns myself after seeing your collection! Children's patterns, of course. I can't bear to think how many my mother gave to Goodwill...

Lisa Brown - Vintage Sweet Peas said...

Wow, I love your patterns...they are wonderful...what a collection!

I have been looking for a certain Disney sewing pattern for all the animals in Christopher Robin and Poo Bear..in 1976...I made them all in my sewing class and would love to make them again....has anyone seen it?

Beata said...

Ingrid, we are kindred spirits - I also love children's patterns from the same era -- can't walk buy one without buying it even though I might already have it in my collection! I also have a women's collection going too... Those French pattern books are real treasures!!

samantha said...

oh piddely de, I just posted over at I Op therefore I am about my vintage patterns, but wow you just blow me out of the water! And the french pattern books - oh my, where on earth did you find those?