Sunday, February 24, 2008

this is.....

me taking a picture of myself in the mirror with my favourite accessory.



Well almost. I cheated a bit. I tried taking the pic in the mirror, but whenever I zoomed in enough to get a good shot of my sweet little Marc Jacobs deer, the whole pic went blurry. Plus the flash made it look all nasty. So I took this pic of myself standing in the sunny hallway instead. And of course I had to pop on my favourite black satin opera coat, as deer and coat are best friends and always go together. I picked up deer on my trip to the blue mountains last winter. He was living in the loveliest little shop called Mrs Peel until I took him home. Now he lives in a sweet little dish on my bedside table.


Angela over at three buttons is the hostess with the mostess and this week she let one red robin select the theme. I found this one really hard, not only because I am crap at taking pictures, but also because I dont really wear many accesories. I havent worn a watch since I gave up full time work and I took off my wedding band when I was pregnant with Lottie and now I cant get it back on my fat little finger. I wear earrings when I go out somewhere fancy and I always add a brooch of some sort to a jacket, but that is about it as far as accessories go for me. Cute shoes are more my thing. Do they count? Maybe I should be more adventurous. I will go see what all the other this is girls are wearing and hopefully get inspired.

Please excuse the lack of apostrophies. My keyboard seems to think they are no longer nescessary.

10 comments:

Lily and Agathe said...

Nice to almost see you...

starashan said...

I loooove that brooch! It rocks! Very sweet. I'm not really an accessory type either... I tend to go plain and simple.
-Sherrin

CurlyPops said...

That little deer is so cute. Perfect accessory when dressing up or down.

Jodie said...

That little brooch is so cute - I say go the brooch every time.

Sharon said...

I really love the coat!

Kyla said...

I like the brooch it reminds me of bambi and that is one of my favorite movies so great accessory.
Have a super day
Kyla

Deeva Gal said...

Oh my Ingrid, I do lurve anything Marc Jacobs! I have a gorgeous little suede handbag designed by him for Louis Vuitton and it's gorgeous, but i'd love one of those brooches too...

Kathy said...

Sweet little deer. I had a hard time with this one too. :)

Maggie Pie said...

Such a sweet deer! Looks great against the black coat. Brooches have more impact in my opinion.

Maureen said...

What a sweet little pink deer....I love it!