Thursday, March 20, 2008

day four - vintage illustration week

Birthday girl Pip came up with this wonderful meme for the week. Go check out all the others who have joined in and shared some of their favourite illustrations. I am trying to keep up and do one every day, so here is my book for day four.



Lots of Fun to Dress Up by Collette Lamarque, 1973. This is an op shop find and it is so fabulous! Not only does it have the cutest collage illustrations but it has full instructions on how to make all the costumes. It is aimed at kids so the costumes are all pretty easy to put together. I havent had a chance to try any out yet, but I am thinking as the little ones get older there will be more dress up occasions that go beyond the standard fairy princess theme we seem to be stuck in at present.






Happy Birthday sweet Pip! You are an inspiration to all us crafty girls out there!

14 comments:

Amelia said...

these are great too! i looked the black pencil up on abebooks but couldn't find a copy - unusual. i'll take some more photos.

Rochelle said...

i love these collage images - very cool. i'm looking forward to seeing some of those costumes come to life in later posts :)

Lily and Agathe said...

Oh love it Ingrid xx

Cass said...

Ingrid great book. I love the illustrations they really jump out of the page

just like mama said...

these are just gorgeous! I really love the cowboy and the gypsy.. You should post the costumes if you end up making some!
xx

Sherrin said...

The cowboy rocks!! What a great thrifty score!! :o)

Lark said...

Oh, that is real op shop gold! Love it!

Mands said...

Ingrid - I have this book too and am looking forward to using it - I love the collaage pictures.

Bird Bath said...

What a lucky find! I think collage picture books are special. The ballerina's tutu is very sweet...and the caveman gave me a giggle.

AnastasiaC said...

how unique are these!!! too cool!

Bec said...

These are great. I always loved books about how to make easy dress-ups when I was a kid. I'd love to see pics if you ever have a go at making some :)

Pip from Meet Me at Mikes said...

Yep.. I have this book too - it's so gorgeous - I love it that they didn't use photos in it - but just these lovely illustrations! Have you made anything from this book? I have NOT! I just like looking at the pictures!

megsie said...

wow that IS a great score. my favis the astronaut. I love how they have used the collage.

ingridworkshop@ said...

hi, I'm Ingrid,too, ingrid from Taiwan. I'm looking for Collette Lamarque's work 「Comment faire de merveilleux dedeaux」,do you have any idea? Did I spell the title right?Glad to know you.