Monday, March 17, 2008

Day one - vintage illustration week

Pip has come up with the most brilliant idea! Its a week of vintage childrens book illustration. You can join in the fun or just check out everyone elses bookshelf treasures over here.

I am starting out with Marlier who has to be up there as one of my favourite illustrators ever. Pip loves him too, check out her pics here. I have been collecting his work for quite awhile and today the sweet Brenda surprised me with this lovely Tinker book.

4 comments:

starashan said...

gorgeous illustrations, how animated are the faces on the dog and cat!

A Spoon Full Of Sugar said...

Love the book illustrations - bought back happy memories of reading those books when I was in kingergarten. I will have to check out others favourites.

Bird Bath said...

How lovely, that Marlier is a talent - one of my favourites too.

Pip from Meet Me at Mikes said...

Oh yes! I have this book! It's absolutely beautiful! I could just have a week of Marlier, I love him so much! Lovely, Miss Lottielulu! Thankyou so much for sharing your lovely book! xx