Monday, March 17, 2008

the kindness of family and friends


My local Spotlight is closing down and moving location. They had a mammoth sale last week and I missed it. It was one of those fill a whole bag with anything you like for $5 kind of sales. You know the kind that make you weak at the knees and your heart races as you try and figure out what loot to bag first. The aftermath looked like this. I was lucky enough to have a sale savvy mother in law who went and filled a bag for me. All the fabrics were long gone but her haul included lots of button, zippers and thread as well as magazines and other assorted bits and pieces. She even colour coded the buttons in zip lock bags! Isnt she fabulous!



And then this morning I opened my door to a package jam packed full of treats from Brenda. She has to be the sweetest girl around. Look at the wonderful fabrics and vintage book she sent! She knows how much I love Marlier. There was also a fab magazine which I have been enjoying all day. And how perfect is the timing with the book when Pip has just started up vintage illustration week. So stay tuned for more pics of Tinker soon. Maybe even tonight if I get a chance.


10 comments:

AnastasiaC said...

ohhh their opening a new store up today - sales everywhere...i havnt been to spotlight in ages!!
i love the vintage illustrations - so darling!! i need to post mine too!

CurlyPops said...

OMG, what a score of stuff from Spotlight. I wish I had of known about that one!

Cass said...

Ingrid I love that Noddy fabric I have been eyeing some off on Ebay lately. Check out my op shop find today, I think you will approve

Jodie said...

wow ! now thats an 'everything must go sale' for sure.

Ulla said...

A bag full of zippers, buttons and thread is easily a lot more valuable than a bag full of fabric, if you can use the zippers etc. A wise woman! - The vintage fabrics are lovely!

Tamara said...

Wow, what a mother in law. All those threads and buttons and zippers, that is amazing and such a savings becuase all of that stuff is so expensive.

Gorgeous book - I love Marlier also.

Bec said...

which spotlight was that???

Little Munchkins said...

You lucky, lucky girl. That's quite a haul indeed even if there were no fabrics.

Kylie said...

Oh you lucky girl - I am green! No not really - but am pleased that your MIL was able to grab a bargain for you! Love the little kitty book two - super cute

leslie said...

ooooh, so lucky! look at all that thread... *drool*

i have that same noddy type fabric in another colourway!