Thursday, March 06, 2008

sassy apron swap

Yay look what arrived in my mailbox yesterday.





Isnt it fabulous! And it is reversible too. I wish I could take better pictures. It has scalloped edges and is so beautifully finished. It is from the sweetest gal called Nicki Parker. She doesnt have a blog but she does have an amazing apron making business. Thats right! This lady makes aprons for a living. How lucky am I to get her as a partner in the sassy apron swap .If you are interested in one of her aprons let me know and I will pass on her details. I am not sure if she wants me to post her email on here.



And here is the apron I sent off. Hopefully it will have reached its new home by tomorrow, I hope my swapee doesnt think it is too bright. I made it reversible with a tie that comes all the way around to tie up in the front. The fold over pocket is finished off with a sweet vintage button given to me by Cass. I was really nervous about this swap so I am hoping this apron is loved or at least liked. And a huge thanks to Lucy for organising it all. This swap was a huge one so lots and lots of work. I am already looking forward to round two.




Please excuse the lack of apostrophies. My keyboard seems to think they are no longer nescessary.

9 comments:

Brenda said...

I love, love, love your aprons.

Now, off to check out this Sassy Apron Swap, sounds like my kind of deal.

CurlyPops said...

Wow that's gorgeous. I love the bright coloured fabric you used.

Cathy said...

YOu have made a beautiful apron. I am sure the lucky recipient will be more than pleased. a beautiful design.

Cass said...

Ingrid love the apron you made and also the one you received. PS - your Remnant Warehouse fabric will be in the mail tomorrow

meegan said...

I adore this apron! I saw it on the flickr group and it's one of the ones that I immediately thought: ooh, I hope that one will be mine!!! Whoever gets it is a lucky swapee for sure!

zoesquid said...

I love your bold bright apron. Wish I was the lucky receipient. Happy Weekend

Leah said...

Lovely, lovely apron. It arrived safely today, and I wore it to cook dinner, and felt very pretty! Thanks ever so.

AJ said...

Ohhh Lovely!! I was just thinking the other day how handy an apron would be...might have to make one!

Giabella Designs said...

I just love that apron you made! It just popped when I was looking at all of the pictures on flickr.