Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The Greatest Sale on Earth!

Dont like pictures? Well stop now then because this post is full of them. Yesterday I went to the annual craft sale which is run by some lovely nuns above my local St Vincent de Paul op shop. This sale is fabulous. If you are in Sydney and can get there this week, you must go! It runs until Thursday from 9:30am to 3pm at Brookvale and it is wonderful. I went last year and was overwhelmed by all the goodies. This year there was less buttons and trim but more fabric, if that is at all possible.
Dont worry that I may have already cleaned them out as they restock throughout the sale. I am tempted to go again on Thursday but not sure if my cupboards would cope. I bumped into miss Sadie and Lance who was there with the real Sadie. What a treat to get to meet her.

Anyhoo, here is yesterdays haul. I was going to put descriptions and stuff in, like how big each piece is and what I plan to do with it, but it is all a bit too hard as blogger is not co-operating. Suffice to say most of these pieces are between 1-2 metres with a few being up to 3 and a few that are smaller scraps. Add in the buttons, an embroidered pillowslip, a set of placemats, six embroidered hankies and two bars of soap and I spent the grand total of twenty bucks!

21 comments:

fiona said...

wow what an amazing haul!i feel like grabbing a cheap flight to sydney!love the little orange bridies!

brazen's crafts said...

some gorgeous pieces there ingrid!

Cass said...

Ingrid that bird fabric looks great and is that a lovely pin seersucker I spy?

Sherrin said...

you lucky lucky woman!! I especially like the third picture- the fabric on the left. How I would love to be at that sale!!

Cosy said...

What a fantastic haul! I'm very envious!

Karen said...

I can't believe the first one is fabric Ingrid - it looks like a painting!
Great items to add to the stash, the cherries are very sweet.

SadieandLance said...

Yippeeee! My grab bag is a bit different to yours....lots of basics and lots of little florals...

Little Munchkins said...

Lots of lovely stuff there! Lucky you.

ismoyo said...

What a great score! Lucky you.
Those fabrics look amazing!

Sarah said...

Wow, you really cleaned up! Love the cherry fabric.

Brenda said...

What a lot of goodies! Good work Ingrid ;)
Love those buttons, very sweet.

Kim said...

Aw Ingrid...That is torture for us Melbourne girls! You've got some great finds there.

Natalie said...

Oh wow Ingrid, you scored some beautiful fabrics, I'm feeling very jealous. Can't wait to see what you make!

Deeva Gal said...

They're beautiful, I can't decide what I like the best. Possibly the bouquet of flowers. Can't wait to see what you come up with for it all.

Kara said...

Oh oh oh! As I am scrolling down my eyes are trying to keep up with my tummy which keeps leaping in delight and a little more than a touch of envy... hee hee!

Helen said...

Gee Ingrid, I rememner you going last year? Surely it hasn't been a year already? Fantastic haul!

Lily and Agathe said...

I love that cherry one x

samantha said...

we had the green palm fronds and bamboo fabric as curtains in the family room for years - it went well with the wicker furniture and raffia matting!

Claire said...

OHHHHH I want to live in Sydney for this week!!!
What lovely things you picked up - I so love your taste in fabrics/linen!
ENJOY!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

What great goodies! Love those buttons....

Corrie said...

I knew I shouldn't have looked at this...I just knew it...the jealousy is killing me...I adore the birdy print and the flowers...tooooooo cute.....ok I've got to turn my eyes away now

Corrie:)