Friday, April 18, 2008

more pillowcases

Instead of trying to be clever and crafty I have decided to show you what I do with lots of my favourite thrifted pillowcases.




Thats right. I put them on my bed! As tempting as it is to cut them all up I have a few pillowcase rules. If it is predominantly white and comes up fresh and lovely after a good soak it goes in the linen cupboard to be used on a bed, usually my bed, or Lotties. Three of these ones are thrifted, and the two quilted ones were bought new. The pink and blue floral in the front is my favourite. The embroidery work on the other two thrifted ones is just amazingly beautiful. I can only dream of stitching up something so lovely.



And see the gorgeous old white marcella bedspread. It is a treasure passed on from Mr Bigs nana. We have three of them! All in perfect condition and so very special.


It has been a lovely week of pillowcases hosted by pip and kirsty. Go and see who else is playing along and all the wonderful pillowcase projects kirsty has kindly shared.

8 comments:

JustJess said...

I love the 'hers' - do you have the 'his'? I wonder where it is? I love to use thrifted sheets, the quality is great. What a comfy looking bed!

ingrid said...

Funnily enough I have 5 different hers but no his pillowslips!

Corrie said...

oh you had the best nana......I love that bed and just want to curl up

Corrie:)

alexandra said...

Your bed looks divine. I love using thrifted pillowcases too. Such sweet delight!

CurlyPops said...

That looks like a magazine spread...I'm feeling all snoozy, I could jump right in!

Claire said...

OH MY I can see why the front one is your favourite - but they are all just DEVINE!!!
I have a vintage pillowcase fetish, unfortunately my husband does not share my joy & they don't often end up on my bed!

nikkishell said...

Beautiful!! I never find pillowcases like those.

Kirsty said...

Hi Ingrid - you have won the pillowcase tealights. Please email me:

mail(at)kootoyoo(dot)com(dot)au

so I can post them to you.