Wednesday, April 16, 2008

pillowcase pants




Pip and Kootoyoo are hosting a week of pillowcase fun so go and see who is playing along and check out all the lovely pillowcase delights. Today I am showing my favourite ever pillowcase creation. These pants are made from a thrifted pillowcase and I used the scraps to applique a little tee. I actually made lots of these pillowcase pants for Lottie and mister monster when they were smaller, but sadly you can only go up to a size 2 with a single pillowcase.


The pattern is an easy one piece style with an elastic waist. You can make your own pattern by unpicking an existing pair of pants first through the crutch and then down the inside leg. You then trace that piece off making sure to add a seam allowance and voila! there is you pattern. I hope that makes sense. Maybe I should do a tutorial and take pics.

14 comments:

jen said...

adorable!!

JustJess said...

These are great, I am inspired to make a pair for Miss 2! I tried this methos of making pants, but the waist was way too small.. Off to try again!

CurlyPops said...

They're so cute! I wish I had some girls in my family so I could make them nice floral pants....

Sherrin said...

phwoar! spunky!! love the fabric!

ingrid said...

hehe curly pops that is actually my little boy modelling the pants! He only wore them for the pics though as they went up for sale and ended up belonging to a little girl. Mister monster did have a brown floral pillowcase pair though that he loved. I also made some really funky geometric print pillowcase pants that were a bit more boy friendly, but really when they are little you can dress them in anything!

Keely said...

ooh they are a great pillowcase creation! And yes, please do post a tutorial with pics!

Bird Bath said...

Those pants are soooo good.I want to make a pair right now...While my kids are still little enough to let me dress them in wild graphics.

Beata said...

Too cute!

Helen said...

Hot looking pants Ingrid!

Pinky said...

They are so cute! Very clever.
PinkLizzy off EB

Xiola said...

Hi! These are the pants that inspired me to start sewing in the first place. I remember seeing some photos of them (or some very similar made by you) and was amazed at how simple yet beautiful and unique they were.

A glance at my world said...

How cute! I wonder if I can use two pillowcases to make some shorts to fit me...

Kimmie said...

That is a great pillowcase and a wonderful pair of pants.

Would you do a tutorial?

Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted

muser said...

I know I'm late to this but I'd really love a tutorial for these. I have $1 pillowcase from the Oppie but no idea how to do it. :D