Wednesday, August 27, 2008

to market, to market......

Well it was a show actually, not a market, but market sounds a lot more fun and makes me sing that little song in my head.

I could gush and babble about all the wonderful crafters we met and the lovely things we saw, but I will just say it was a fabulous day despite the rain. And a a huge thank you to my sweetest ever friend Cass who helped me get there and even took me safely all the way home. I forgot to bring my camera but some other clever cookies remembered to snap pictures.

Here are some of the goodies I found. I was on the hunt for some fabrics for the EB doll quilt swap but got distracted along the way.




The Audrey and Maude pattern is just the sweetest, but I am already regretting not taking home the poppy puppy pattern as well. I was too busy chatting to Cathy and Louise to realise just how much I needed to make that little doggy. Oh well, I will just have to place an order.
And I have swooned over Kristens lovely fabric before and now I have my very own piece of babushka loveliness.


And here is a little peek of a bundle of vintage sheet fat quarters that I am sending off for the vintage sheet swap organised by meika. I cant wait to see what heads back my way.





And to end on a messier note, my house has been full of poop and all other manner of nastiness the last few days, so I missed out on meeting up with Tamara. I was so disappointed but loathe to pass on any bugs, not to mention a long bustrip with a sick kid is not a good plan for maintaining sanity. I just hope everyone perks up tomorrow for Lotties birthday.

7 comments:

Cass said...

Ingrid, it was a great day and taking you home ensured I go my wonderful new gadget.

Bec said...

Oh that all sounds lovely - and you came home with so many wonderful goodies!!! I sent off my huge pile of vintage sheet fat quarters to Meika last week - it's going to be a fun swap isn't it :)

Cathy said...

Ingrid, it was a delight to finally meet you. I was telling Tamara all about how hilarious you were! Thanks for hanging out at our little area - it was a hoot. I hope you are all feeling better soon, what a shame you missed meeting Tam - there will always be a next time I am sure she is very appreciative of you for not passing on some yucky germs.

I hope you have fun with Edward & Eloise and I can't wait to see the end result. I bought the same fabric from Kristen too - just too cute.

Glad you had such a good day - it was great to meet you and Cass (another new blog to read!!)

Melody said...

What sweet looking fabric in the first picture.

And those fat quarters made from vintage sheets....someone is going to be VERY happy!!

Is it too late to sign up?.....hee hee hee :)

Thanks for sharing.

clare Carter said...

Oh I wish we'd met! I ruined my whole week there by getting really sick and only made the last day.Rats.I can't wait for Melbourne-I shall be flying down on my broomstick if all else fails so maybe we will meet then? : )

Kym said...

Sounds like you had fun! My last s&c show experience involved my mum and I taking my 2 toddlers. Will not be doing that again, although it is a great way to not spend too much!

Louise said...

Fantastic to meet you Ingrid!! I'm still trying to work out where I saw your photo because I knew who you were before you came over - weird!! Anyway I like your fabrics - they were quite a find in that place! Can't wait to see your version of the elephant.