Monday, September 22, 2008

button trouble



I am in a tizz. I have lost my pink button bag. I have searched and searched. I thought I was being oh so clever when I colour coded all my buttons into bags, but now I wish I had I just stuck with the disorganised button mess I had before. This pini needs pink buttons. It is the very last one I need to finish before I list things in the shop, hopefully in the next few days (I know I have said that before, but this time I promise, I really really do).

So here are the other button options, vintage textured pearly white or deep purple with a lovely curve? Neither seems perfect but these are the best I can come up with.


Let this post be a warning to those who may be tempted to go a little too far when it comes to organising buttons.

8 comments:

JustJess said...

What about making some covered buttons with the same fabric or the lining fabric? I will happily send you some pinks if you need - I kinda have more buttons than I'll ever use...

Claire (ethel loves fred) said...

I'd go the white, or even a plain black to match the very bottom fo the dress.

I've done this exact same thing Ingrid, so know how you feel.

Xiola said...

Oh no!! I've just colour coded all my buttons....I'm destined for disaster!!! I think the white vintage are cute, but I know what you mean, it would look perfect with pink. Hope you stumble upon them soon:)

Miss Muggins said...

Ingrid - I've tagged your blog as one of my favourites! Feel free to pass it on, but only if you want to :-)

Little Munchkins said...

I suppose I should be thankful that I am not so organised then. I think pink buttons would be perfect for the dress.

The fabric covered button to match the lining sound good to me.

Summerset said...

Hmmm. What about an orange button to match some of those flowers? Pink and orange is actually a really great combo. You didn't lose the orange ones, did you?

ingrid said...

Thanks for the suggestions girls. I am going to go with the covered buttons. I have a whole pile of them here and cant believe I didnt think of using them.

Linda said...

oh this pini is soooo beautiful! wish it fitted me :O