Friday, September 19, 2008

This is a craft blog isn't it?

You could be forgiven for thinking otherwise. It seems like forever ago that I posted something crafty. I have been doing bits and pieces here and there, but I have felt rather ho hum about it all.


Then this morning I woke up and got stuck into the biggest pile of WIPs ever. I have been finishing off smocks that have been sitting sadly buttonless for weeks, I have cut out a few summer dresses with fresh new fabrics and I have stuffed pincushions all fat and plump.




I cut up a vintage teatowel weeks ago and made four of these little pincushions using this tutorial. At the time I only completed one and the others were left waiting patiently until today when I finally finished them off.

See, I do sew and make stuff and do some of that crafty whatsit.



Just reminding you all in case you had forgotten.

8 comments:

Ellie said...

LOL - I thought I was the only one who had a whole stack of projects waiting to be finished because they need buttons or buttonholes.

Karen said...

Well done to you Ingrid!
Doesn't it feel good to clear the WIP pile! Though you doing it remninds me I have several pair of pants and leggings partly made...

Bec said...

Wow, the teatowel works so well as a pincushion. What a great idea!!! Well done on getting so much done (I'm very envious - I haven't even looked at my sewing machine since last weekend :O)

Brenda said...

Love the pincushions.
Have been meaning to make some of these myself. It'll happen one day. Maybe.

Kylie said...

What a great use for a tea towel. Love it! Glad to hear that you managed to get some of the WIP finished - I have so many here I dont know where to start

little red hen said...

I visited your blog because I read your comment on The Small Stuff blog I thought I'd visit the blog of a fellow searsucker lover's blog. I enjoyed browsing your blog and might give the muffin recipe a go.

little red hen said...

Or rather visit the blog of a fellow searsucker lover full stop. Bloging comments late at night isn't always wise!

Tinniegirl said...

I love this pincusion. The tea towel works so well.