Monday, September 08, 2008

This is

.... my favourite band of all time.

Ummmm, I dont have one favourite band. I am fickle when it comes to music. My tastes chop and change like the weather. I never did have any burning obsession with a particular group or spend long hours lying as a wistful teenager staring up posters on my bedroom wall. I did have a few daydreams about Jim Morrison but the fact he was already dead probably helped to keep things in perspective.

I guess the Cure and the Violent Femmes were up there as some of my favourites that lasted beyond my teenage years. But the Cowboy Junkies and Tori Amos also need to be added to that list. And if we are then including solo artists and not just groups, Jeff Buckley and Nick Cave would come near the top as well. See I could just go on and on.

So to narrow it down to music that I did love and still love I will share my wedding music. Mr Big and I had our eight year wedding anniversary last week and I put on our little church wedding music cd to reminisce. I walked down the aisle to Fade into You by Mazzy Star, one of our most special songs. We went off to sign the registry while The Dirty Threes Stellar engulfed the guests with the most amazing sounds. And we left the church to the Triffids Fairytale Love, a band that has always held a special place for both myself and Mr Big long before we even met.

I will try and figure out the mixtape thing and make one today. That is if the technology isnt too much for me, otherwise you will just have to click all the links. And I think this post surely has to win a prize for the most links I have ever put up in one post.

Curlypops came up with this weeks This is theme. I am off on a musical journey to see what else everyone else has come up with.

3 comments:

SadieandLance said...

Hey lady you've got some good taste in music there. What a fabulous pick for a song to walk down the aisle to.

I saw the Femmes at the Metro when they toured 4 or 5 yrs ago and let me tell you they still have it.

Claire (ethel loves fred) said...

Wow - we had 'Fade into you' as our last song of the evening at our Wedding! I saw the Violent Femmes at 'Selinas' in the late 80's! Ahhh, music - it really is part of our fabric, I'm so glad you didn't just choose 1 Ingrid!!

Bec said...

Love your taste in music!!! How wonderful to walk down the isle to Mazzy Star :)