Sunday, September 14, 2008

this is....

....what I do with a spare 10 minutes.

I would like to say I spend it doing something crafty or productive, but since packing up a lot of my stash in preparation for selling our house, I have gone into a reading frenzy. It doesnt help that nikkishell introduced me to goodreads and I now have a burning desire to make my book lists longer and longer.




This is what I am reading at the moment. I hate the cover but love the book. Am I the only one who hates book covers that get updated with Hollywood stars when movie versions come out? It makes me want to hide the cover inside another book. Or wait even better, I could sew a pretty little book cover to disguise it. Now there is a crafty idea to motivate some sewing!

Thanks to Hoppo bumpo for choosing this weeks theme and to Sharon for taking charge of This is while Angela is away.

11 comments:

Lily and Agathe said...

Oh where do I start, nice new look... I love the violent femmes.. I found them whilst living in australia.. love that jelly ! and love the ric rac goodies , wow, finished..

Super Monkey said...

Movie covers on books is one of my pet hate too!

Michelle

AnastasiaC said...

looks good!!! nothing like a new book!!
when it comes to book adaptations - i love reading the book before I watch the movie otherwise Im usually very let down...

JustJess said...

I love all of her Tudor books! Great read - crap cover on that version, I agree.

Little Munchkins said...

You have to let me know if the book is any good. I have seen the UK TV miniseries version but I haven't seen the movie.

Sarah C said...

Movie cover's on books is reason enough to put it down and buy another book.....MMMM or find the version made before the movie.

Sarah C said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenny said...

I like to read the book before the movie too but I know what you mean about the cover.

Keely said...

I love her books. Borrowed them from my library and I think I've read almost all of them now, but the Tudor series are the best, partly from her writing and partly becasue it was just such a fascianting time in history in general!

Myra said...

great book, I have already read it & just ordered the movie from Netflix.

little red hen said...

I absolutely agree with you about the cover reprints using the film stars - it's a bit tacky and condacending to the reader!