Wednesday, September 03, 2008

a week of vintage - make and do



This is a lovely little bundle of pay it forward goodies that I am taking down to the post office today. I adore the green vintage buttons and almost couldnt give them up. But they are on their way to such a nice home, I know they will be well looked after.


I have decided to join in Pips week of vintage fun. So here is todays installment.

Just look what you can do with Make and Do

You can make finger puppets, put on a stage show, whip up some popcorn balls or even some fondant (just make sure you dont eat too much or you might end up looking like the poor girl who seems to have eaten herself into an eye popping fondant frenzy).

You could even learn stunts or carve a turtle from a bar of soap. The possibilities are just endless with this book!

And dont forget to leave a comment on this post if you want to be in the running for the vintage patterns. I will be drawing the lucky name next Monday morning. A few people have asked if I will post anywhere and the answer is yes! So go ahead and leave a comment, even if you live at the North Pole.

8 comments:

Cass said...

That looks like a lovely package. Great book too

Tamara said...

You are so good doing you PIF. I still haven't sent mine off.

Mind you, I haven't received mine yet either, so that eases my guilt!

JustJess said...

Ingrid that is such a super package! Those buttons are rather lovely too.

Bellgirl said...

Ooh I love the green buttons too, they look great with the red braid in your package! I'm sure the lucky recipient will do something gorgeous with them.

I'm very fond of fondant too, almost as much as fondue :)

Gillian aka Silly Gilly said...

Sorry to say but that girl with the finger puppets looks positively evil!

Paragon~Of~Virtue said...

Oh that's hilarious! I grew up with those books and about a year ago, I inherited them!

I forgot they had craft ideas in that book so I'll lug it out during the school holidays.

Cyliebug said...

Oh oh oh...I had that book. Those popcorn balls were fantastic. I can still take them!

lustro said...

Hi there!
I would love to have vintage patterns... do you have any?
I would love to study the construction of a garment like in the 50's and 60's... Could you be so kind and help me? Thank You.
I'm a fashion designer from Portugal.

e-lustro@hotmail.com