Tuesday, October 14, 2008

for Mathilda


Cass and I are off to Mathilda's Market next month, so I am busy sewing sewing sewing. Here is a sneak peek at a little donkey top that I am making to take along. I haven't made this style for ages and had forgotten how time consuming all the handstitching on the facings was. I was planning on making eight to ten but now I am thinking two will have to do.
There will be lots of other goodies though, including plenty of Annas and Jaynes.


If any Sydney gals can pop along on the day to say hello, that would be super nice.


10 comments:

cindy said...

I am doing the Mathildas in Melbourne, so I know all about the sewing, sewing. I am still trying to figure out how mid Novemnber is looming so quickly.

Amy (badskirt) said...

I too an in the "sew sew sew" mode for a market. I hope and I can make it and see all of the goodies that you and Cass have some up with!

Andrea said...

Ingrid, that is one of my favourite little handmade tops ever! I just love the way it sits and I love the colour. Good luck at the markets, wish I could pop on over and say hi!

Gillian aka Silly Gilly said...

Don't know whether you could do it with these tops, but when I use some patterns that ask for handstitched facings, I use a topstitch instead...

The Crafty Librarian said...

Hopefully, I can make it! I may be at a library conference in Singapore...but if not, I'm there for sure!

Kirsty said...

This little number is just so gorgeous! I hope that the market is a huge success.

Bec said...

oh no! I head of to Manila on the 10th :( I would have LOVED to have come!

Kylie said...

Oh I love the donkeys - good luck and sew sew sew girl - wish I lived closer.

beeware said...

I'd love to come and say hello! Have to put it on my calendar and pop my littlest girl in her lottielulu Jayne that day. I have admired that little green top too- it's perfect :)

Corrie said...

ohhhhh will have to pop over with my sister for some baby shopping!

Corrie:)