Tuesday, October 07, 2008

picnic time



There is so much picnicky fun going on over at Pips, where the McCranky girls are hosting a week of picnic fun. I would love to have joined in but am feeling a bit overwhelmed at the moment, but you must go and check out who is joining in and all the wonderful stuff they have posted.

I could not resist sharing just one image. This cute picnic illustration which comes from one of my favourite vintage books titled The Magic Picnic. It has no author/illustrator details on it, or even a publication date, just that it is a Young World Productions publication from London. Not only is the picnic cute but it gets better, a genie comes out of the can of soda and takes them on a journey to Baghdad!

And there is only two more sleeps before I draw the winner of my October vintage pattern giveaway. So quickly go and leave a comment here if you want to be the lucky gal.

8 comments:

Ellie said...

Oh dear a trip to Baghdad these days would not be much of a prize.

AnastasiaC said...

what a happy little picnic...very funny about Baghdad being mentioned, im sure it was an exotic place to visit one time...

Angie said...

great illustration, glad I'm not the only one feeling swamped this week, love your sweet dresses.

Bird Bath said...

What a cute picnic pic!!

Miss Muggins said...

Oh my goodness, I had this book! It was one of my favourites. I wish i still had it! I always wanted to go on a picnic like that. I also wanted to have some of that soda pop!

Mc Cranky! said...

tha magic picnic looks lovely, i wish on my next picnic a genie takes me on a holiday. maybe not baghdad, but paris would be nice!

Drewzel said...

I was about to type everything that Miss Muggins said...I had that book too and SO wanted some of that fab looking "pop"!

Andrea said...

oh wow, It was amazing to see this picture! I had this book as a child and had forgotten about it completely! Its amazing when you have that flash of childhood through looking at an illustration.