Tuesday, October 28, 2008

small






I have been sewing like crazy making stuff for Mathildas market (and hey, looky at that pretty picture of mine on the Sydney link!) so last night I thought I would take a break and sew a little summer dress for Lottie.


Who needs to draft a pattern I say. Not me. Surely a little bodice with button back and attached skirt can't be too hard to wing on its own. And see how wonderfully it came out....... pity it is about a size three and Lottie needs a six. I guess it will end up at the market after all.


And talking of small, did you know that if you chop up one big double choc brownie into six tiny pieces then you can eat them all and feel no guilt? They are only tiny bites see, so surely six tiny brownie bites has less calories than a whole ginormous brownie. I know this is true and if anyone tries to tell me otherwise I will put my fingers in my ears and sing lalalalalalalalalala.

11 comments:

Karen said...

Any piece of Brownie smaller than a 10c piece has no calories I thought???
Cute dress Ingrid - shame it will be looking great on someone else's little girl.

Cascade Lily said...

Small but cute. As I said on Flickr, nice pockets! And yes, you have to chew more with more pieces right?

Peta said...

Beautiful dress! What a shame it's too small though someone else will be very happy. I like your brownie rule, do you think that counts for say, a cake of chocolate?

fi said...

love the brownie rule i extend that to all baked goods!love the dress i wonder if you could make one my size!

Jodie said...

It is a well known fact that the cutting of the brownie leads to calories leakage, so the more you cut the more calories that leak out....totally true!

Clair Bremner said...

i can't tell you how many times i have done the same thing when making dresses for Charlee without a pattern...it always looks great until i try and get it on her and realize it's WAY too small...

Jules said...

Love the dress - a friend of mine gave me the idea (not very original, but new to me) of using old,too small, dresses as tops over jeans and shorts. So, if the bodice isn't too tight you could always do that......whenever I sell something I always try to hide the fact that I hate seeing it go by making two of everything.

Kylie said...

The dress is cute - shame about it being too small. Good luck at the market - it is getting close now.

And I love that brownie rule - might have to go and apply it now!

Corrie said...

hahaha I try that trick too, thinking i'll have a half then eat the whole lot!!!!

Bec said...

Oh that little dress is divine!!! What a shame it's too small :O Someone else will end up very pleased though!!!

Lark said...

Hi Ingrid, I wish I could come and see you at the market, your dresses look so lovely!

Ax