Saturday, October 04, 2008

vintage fat quarter swap


This has to be the greatest swap I have ever taken part in. Just send off how ever many vintage FQs as you like and receive the same size bundle of different ones back. Just look at this pile of deliciousness! I am loving all the yellow and orange shades as it seems I am forever drawn to pinks and greens when I am thrifting, so these are a welcome addition to my stash.


In fact I cant wait to cut some of them up and make a new little dolly blanket for our newest member of the family. But more about her soon, she deserves a whole post all to herself and lots of lovely pictures as well.


A huge thanks to Meika for organising the swap. I know it must have been hard work sorting out nd mailing off all those packages and she has done a fabulous job.

7 comments:

Cass said...

I can't wait for mine to arrive!

Xiola said...

Thanks for the picture, I'm really looking forward to mine arriving now!!

Annie said...

Sounds like a great idea - wish I was taking part. Enjoy your different colours.

Andrea said...

Looks like you got osome great fabrics there Ingrid, it is great to get some outside of your normal colour choice.

Bec said...

Oooh, I can see some of the ones I sent off in there! I received mine last week too and I'm so excited about it. Haven't blogged them yet but I'll get to it in the next day or so. Meika has done a fantastic job hasn't she!!

Deb said...

I always enjoy your posts, Ingrid. You got some great fabrics there! I am always drawn to pink myself, but have been trying to seek out other colors.

Love your little smocks, btw. SO CUTE! If I had a little girl in my life, I'd have to get one.

fi said...

what a lovely stack of vintage lovleyness!