Thursday, November 06, 2008

pretty



I found these last week. I was really looking for big bold seventies florals in vibrant greens and yellows or browns and oranges, but you take what you can get when you are thrifting and these really are pretty. The embroidery is all on baby size pillow cases. I tend to find a lot of these in fabulous condition. I think it is because no one uses pillows for young babies anymore due to the SIDS recommendations. I have a project in store for these but it won't even get started until after the market or perhaps the new year even.



And this pretty pile is made up of a huge sheet which is so deliciously soft and two tablecloths which will probably become dresses. I think I paid less than $10 for the lot. It is hard to remember as I also got a few pieces of vintage tupperware and a pile of childrens books. The grand total for everything was only $$18!


6 comments:

CurlyPops said...

I've noticed lots of embroidered pillowcases at the oppy lately too. I haven't bought any because I can't think of what to make with them. I can't wait to see what you can think of!

Jo said...

I can't wait to see what you do with them either, I see heaps of these too.

Gillian aka Silly Gilly said...

Loving the sheet and tablecloths, particularly the striped one. Great finds!!

AnastasiaC said...

beautiful! they look like they're in excellent condition!!

Amber said...

Oh so so pretty...I love the colours...xx

Claire said...

Wow what a beautiful lot! Isn't it so lovely to home from a opshop with such lovelies!!