Tuesday, December 02, 2008

away in a manger


Lottie and mister monster had their kinder Christmas concert last night.

I was given the job of making Lotties angel costume and after a time wasting trip buying some ridiculous nativity costume pattern , that I knew was not what I wanted, and lots of trims and bits and bobs I never used, I ended up coming home and using a vintage pattern that was sitting in my stash. I adapted the sleeves and lengthened the dress, added some silver trim and voila....... an angel dress! I picked up the wings at the local two dollar shop and she wore silver jiffies to match. Kinder supplied the star and the halo. We will be giving them the dress as well for another little angel to wear next year. Our dress up box is over flowing and this won't fit Lottie for long anyway.



And look at my sweet little son the camel! How cute is he? Let's just say I was super relieved I didn't have to make a camel costume. This one was supplied by kinder.


Oh and check out Lotties new glasses. She chose them herself and I think they are just perfect!

24 comments:

lolliegirl said...

The costume looks great Ingrid! Well done. I love Lottie's new glasses. They look very pretty. Love the colour. Cute camel too!!!

cindy said...

OH my the camel is too cute and the angel looks as if she cam straight from heaven. So cute.

Belinda said...

great job, Ingrid.

Little Munchkins said...

The costume turned out great. Well done! And Will looks so adorable too.

Cathy said...

the kids looked like they had such a good time - the angel dress is beautiful.

Amber said...

Oh so so so cute! You are very clever. I wish i could be so creative..xx

Cass said...

Great costume you made but I do love that camel he is very cute

Summerset said...

Both children are too cute - the angel costume is perfect! I love those little glasses. I let my daughter pick hers, too, she picked some squarish frames, too.

Sheridan said...

Great job with the angel costume! I'm lucky that no one has asked me to make anything for Henry's concert today!

And I love the glasses, she is the cutest kid ever!

Brissmiths said...

The angel costume turned out beautifully. They both look gorgeous. Susan

Selina said...

They look very cute!

Belinda said...

Oh wow, they both look soooo cute in their outfits!!!

Beetlehouse Designs said...

Oh wow - That is the best angel costume I have ever seen. It's perfect. I love Lottie's glasses.

Tamara said...

Gorgeous glasses Lottie. Very well chosen.

Hope you are all well Ingrid, at this crazy time of the year.

Claire (ethel loves fred) said...

The dress is darling Ingrid, looks great on her too. Must have been strange working with plain white - no print!! Nice to give it to the kinder for the future too.

Her glasses are divine....love the colour, my favourite!

Andrea said...

Love the costume, so simple, yet so effective. Little Lottie makes a lovely angel. Little Monster also makes a great camel.

Kerry said...

Oh they look so cute great job Ingrid

Helen said...

Thank goodness you didn't have to make the camel costume! LOL Lottie's dress looks perfect, great job Ingrid. :)

Corrie said...

gorgeous!

Jo said...

Your little Angel and Camel look gorgeous!! Well done on the dress, it looks beautiful.

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Your kids look gorgeous in their nativity clothes - the Angel dress is just beautiful!

potty mouth mama said...

I love Lottie's new glasses, they are super dooper cute. I used to have pink circular frames. I chose the same frames, time after time after time. At least Lottie's got style!

Cute little camel too.

Miss Muggins said...

Don't you just love a kinder concert. What a glorious angel and swift camel!

disa said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.