Tuesday, December 23, 2008

sugar houses



Do not be fooled into thinking these are gingerbread houses. They are pure compressed sugar with not a scrap of gingerbready goodness anywhere. I guess that is all I should expect when I buy ready to make kits from the bargain store for $2 each. Lottie was intent on giving hers a technicolour roof and mister monster was a bit freaked out by the texture of the whole thing, but it was still good fun and motivation for me to try making them from scratch next year.




I have finally started working on Lotties Christmas dress and hopefully I will emerge from all the ruffle making with my sanity intact.

Oh and did I mention there is less than 48 hours to go until the big day and I still have presents to buy, everything to wrap, food shopping to tackle and then the baking! I guess that means I should get to it instead of sitting here on the computer contemplating how I can make a dent in the 1169 bloglines posts I need to catch up on.


9 comments:

Little Munchkins said...

The sugar houses do look very cute. Hope you manage to finish everything you have planned before Christmas

CurlyPops said...

Eeeek good luck with that! Oh and Merry Christmas too!

SweetPeaknits said...

Love the House. Happy Christmas

Cass said...

I thought what are you doing making gingerbread houses when you have a dress to sew!

Jetta's Nest said...

Good luck with it all Ingrid, and a big merry Christmas to you and yours!

Julia said...

I still have shopping, baking and wrappin to do too!!

Cute sugar houses! and Merry Christmas

Claire (ethel loves fred) said...

Jeez Ingrid, I thought I was last minute! Hope you managed to get everything done.

Have a great Christmas, and hope to actually meet you in 2009!!!

xx

Corrie said...

oh we were probably at the mall today then....

have a wonderful christmas...keira is wearing a dress from last year that she never got to wear..phew!

Corrie:)

Natalie said...

Awww looks like they had fun making them up! I bought a kit from a local market and the boys loved 'gluing' it all together and adding the lollies. I still need to take some photos before I can let them attack it lol!