Tuesday, March 24, 2009

stuff

Thank you to all the lovely visitors who came to say hello to me and Cass at the market on Sunday. It is so nice to meet and chat to other crafty loving gals. The day was a bit quieter than last time, but still a great day. And there were so many sweet stall holders, including some right next door to us, who were wonderful company. This girl once again had the best looking stall on the block. I forgot to take pictures so you will have to head to her blog to check it out. The super lush plastic grass on her table made me feel like sitting down and having a picnic amongst all her goodies.


And just to fill this post with more stuff, I will share my latest thrifty finds. It seems like ages since I last thrifted, what with the must-not-bring-more-stuff-into-the-house mantra that Mr Big keeps repeating to me. But I have shared here before my agony of being a non-crocheter, so how could I say no to these. The bottom one is perfect as an extra throw in the lounge room and the top one will make a perfcet pram blanket for the new little girl when she arrives. At $4 and $5 each, how could I resist.




And lastly look at this little beauty that the supertalented elsie marley sent my way. A little people bag is a necessity in our house as I am sure they are breeding under the bed and I need to keep tighter tabs on them.

6 comments:

Car said...

Gorgeous blankets you found there Ingrid :)

I picked up a "learn to crotchet" book last week. I, like you struggle to understand or do the art of crotchet - but this year I plan to conquer it (or injure myself trying LOL )

sophie said...

It was a fun market wasn't it! I really love your thrifted finds, maybe you can share your favourite op shops with me?

Belinda said...

I'm so glad we ended up next to each other. Oh I found some chocolate brown corduroy at Spotlight Banksia if you still wanted some.

Cass said...

Once again thanks for sharing with me. Love those blankets.

SweetPeaknits said...

I love that crochet blanket! It took me many attempts to get the hang of crochet, but once you get it you'll kick yourself at how easy it is. Utube is a good source to look for tutorials.

Skye Rocket Sews said...

Great to meet you last week,Ingrid!
The market was a blast.
I wish I'd gotten around to your stall.
I've even decided to do the July one,when bub's will be 4 weeks old.
I'll have my mum with me though this time.
Hope your feeling good,mama to be,
Mel.x