Thursday, March 05, 2009

watch out for the big bad wolf

Thanks so so much for all the lovely congratulations. I am still plodding along, taking it day by day. And all your sweet words have brightened me up immeasurably.




I decided it was about time I posted about something sewing related so here is a peek of something I am working on at the moment. I organised a kids clothing swap for my sewing group on essential baby and the posting date is looming. So here is a peek at my efforts so far. I should hopefully have the rest of the outfit completed by the weekend. It is good to have a deadline to get motivated. I love these fabrics. The cord is from Spotlight but the floral is one of my favourite ever Oilily reprints. I made Lottie pants with it a few years ago and was hanging onto one more tiny piece. I could not believe my luck when I found more of it over at the humming mini. I snatched it up quick smart and now I have enough to satisfy me for at least a few more years.


As soon as this set is finished I will be madly working on another deadline. The Mathildas market is fast approaching and Cass and I will be sharing a stall again. It really is such a lovely market and a good chance to meet other crafty mummas and share cupcakes too!



Oh and here is Lottie, toothless but wearing lipstick! She went to a fabulous party last weekend and won the pass the parcel prize, which was a little make-up set. Lets just say thank goodness the lipstick was tiny and will soon run out. The girl is obsessed.

At the party I met the sweetest crafty blogging mumma. She will be at Mathildas market as well and her daughter is in Lotties class. What a lovely small world it is.

9 comments:

Linda said...

the jacket looks adorable such fab colours!!! a girl has gotta love her lippie!!!

sophie said...

I think you're a pretty sweet crafty blogging mama too!! Thanks Ingrid.

I have never even attempted to sew a jacket, I can't wait for the finished picture.

Cindy said...

Oh Sophie is the sweetest, I can't believe how small a world it is. Hope the market goes really well and glad you are feeling a little better

Miss Amy said...

DD got one of those makeup sets for christmas.. it has been confiscated from her using it too much... :-p the colours on the cape look ace... you made that up quicksmart! must be the deadline...

Lisa @ The Hem Line said...

Ingrid ~ I have bestowed a little award upon you. You can visit my blog to pick it up. I just love your blog and your craftiness!

Duyvken said...

Great photo! I LOVE her glasses. My 8yo daughter's are exactly the same colour!

Mon Alisa Design said...

Congratulations Ingrid! I'll be at Mathildas Market too. Looking forward to catching up then xxxx

Skye Rocket Sews said...

Love your blog!
Been reading for a while,glad to hear you'll be at mathilda's!
I'll be there too,looking forward to meeting a few other crafty ladies I only know online!
How many weeks pregnant are you?
I'm 27wks and did a market last sat and I've just gotten over it!
Oh well,at least I won't have to put up a marquee!
Mel.x

Jodie said...

What a great lipstick wearing gappy photo!