Thursday, April 09, 2009

cake and stuff


This apple cake is delicious! I found the recipe here. I did attempt the maple cream cheese frosting but discovered that maple flavoured syrup just doesn't cut it, so my frosting came out slightly weird to say the least. You need the real stuff.
I used to keep the real stuff in the cupboard but it kept disappearing at an astounding rate. Then one day I discovered Will had used a chair to reach up to the cupboard and was taking swigs from the bottle. He was a maple syrup-a-holic. Don't worry rehab worked a treat but he still gets that glazed look in his eyes at the mention of pancakes.

If you are looking for some super swappin' fun then go check out snail blazer. Sign up quick, go on, you know you want to.

And for those Sydney girls on the look out for some crafty fun, check out the craft room. I can't wait!

7 comments:

The Crafty Librarian said...

This looks delish! I'm going to make it and I'll let you know how it turns out :op

sophie said...

Thanks for heads up on the craft room, sounds awesome. That cake looks dangerously good.

Corrie said...

oh yum! you know I had maple syrup...the real stuff and my stoopid homestay students finished the whole bottle and put it back in the fridge empty!!!!!! oooooohhh so mad, I don't know which student it was but not happy! I'd only used a teensy bit!

I can't wait for the crafty fun either and better book the room fast!
Corrie:)

CurlyPops said...

I have the real stuff for me (hidden away) and the maple flavoured syrup for the nephews. Luckily they don't know the difference!

Little Munchkins said...

That's it...I am making an apple cake soon. I just made 2 loaves of banana bread so will have to wait a few days to make the apple cake.

Linda said...

I can hear the gulp gulp gulp. Too funny

Claire said...

Oh - that cake looks yummy & I bet it just melts in your mouth if it is warm....May have to give that a go