Saturday, April 18, 2009

Christmas in April - the Feliz dress


I am a terribly slack blogger and here is the proof. I made this dress for Lottie to wear on Christmas day, so it was finished almost 5 months ago! My excuse is that I forgot to take photos on the day, the ones the rest of the family took were crappy, and then after washing it, the thought of ironing all those ruffles seemed too huge a task to get through with my sanity in tact.


So here it is. Finally. Better late than never right?





I used the Studio Tantrum Feliz pattern. These patterns seem to run short and wide which is not ideal for Lottie who is tall and thin. I really should have made the size smaller. Even on this one I added a ruffle to the bottom to get some extra length. I probably would make this pattern again but minus the ruffles. Not so much because they were a pain to sew but as I mentioned they make ironing a mammoth task that I just dont want to face. The instructions on Studio Tantrum patterns are pretty minimal. So I used the fabulous sew-a-long instructions over at Trillium Design to help me through. I wouldn't say the pattern is hard, just fiddly. And the pics over at Trillium certainly made it all a lot easier.


Oh and see that gorgeous bow? It is one that Tamara made. You can get your own here.



23 comments:

tigerfilly said...

Awww, it was worth waiting for. It's so bright and fresh and gorgeous. Definitely a mammoth ironing effort though!

Karen said...

It's beautiful Ingrid - I plan to do these down the track so great to have the links with the extra pics/instructions.
The fabric is divine, and Lottie obviously loves it.

Austy's Mum said...

OH MY!!! I so love this dress. What an amazing job with all those ruffles and fantastic colours.

Romi Jade said...

Omigosh that is a beautiful dress! I love everything about it! Well done!

Skye Rocket Sews said...

Gawd,I hate ironing!
Beautiful job,love fabrics you've used.
Mel.x

Astrid said...

It is beautiful, Ingrid - I have the pattern and expect to be making it for Ronja this summer. Yours is gorgeous, and your little girl is so beautiful - love the swing-picture! :)

Little Munchkins said...

The long awaited pics! Well worth the wait.

Feliz is one of my all time favourite patterns and the dress looks gorgeous with the Pop Garden fabrics.

Cass said...

Gorgeous, well worth the wait

Corrie said...

oh wow its gorgeous!!!!! we love tamara's bows too. I have that fabric too for skirts....still on the to do list!

Dani said...

OMG that is just beautiful!!! Can totally understand your hate of ironing it. At least its cooler now, so in 5 months when you get around to ironing it again it should be just warm enough for her to wear it LOL

Summerset said...

Super cute - so worth the wait!

Jodie said...

but it does look like she loves it!

zofia said...

Oh but it's beautiful! Great mix of fabrics and she loves it!

Em said...

Ironing aside, this is a BEEEEEYOUTIFUL dress! LOVE the fabrics.

Kelly said...

I can't say i blame you about the ironing, but that dress is stunning! Your daughter is beautiful too.

Lou said...

WOW!!! This dress is amazing!!! LOVE IT!! Great job

Anna said...

Absolutely stunning Ingrid! I love all the ruffles, beautiful fabrics too!

Tamara said...

Lottie looks lovely.
Gorgeous dress.
Glad you love the bows.

Take care

Kylie said...

It looks lovely - frills and ironing aside I would be dressing her in it - it is too lovely to hit away in an ironing pile!

Claire said...

OH OH This is just devine!! I have the pattern, but haven't made it up yet!
Lottie looks so Beautiful!

Sheridan said...

I was scrolling down thinking how beautiful this dress is (and your daughter!) and then I got to the rear photo with the ruffles, and I gasped! It's STUNNING!

Hats off to you, a job so well done.

Trillium said...

What a beautiful Feliz!!! I love the Heather Bailey fabrics on it. I'm glad the tute was helpful to you - that's what it's for after all!! :)

Edie said...

Oh Ingrid, that is divine!