Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Easter crafts

Paper mache eggs

Messy and fun, a perfect weekend easter craft activity for the kids. I bought styrofoam eggs from the bargain shop, mixed up the flour and water, let the kids rip up some craft paper and go for it.



See how pretty they turned out. You could seal them with a coat of gloss or mod podge or something if you wanted but I like them just as they are.


Easter bonnets

Next up on the easter craft agenda was bonnet making for the hat parade tomorrow. We used a paper plate for the head and a paper bowl stuck on top to fill with pretty easter goodies. Just staple or glue everything in and then staple a ribbon onto the plate to tie it on.



Here they are ready for the parade. Well really only Lottie is having a parade but of course Will had to join in the fun.


17 comments:

Missie Krissie said...

Great eggs, I'm filing that one away in the memory bank for when mine are bigger- love the bonnets too! I remember the fun of making and then showing them off in the parade! Hope they win a prize! (do they get prizes for the best one?)

sophie said...

So pretty Ingrid - what great bonnets!

Bird Bath said...

Those bonnets are spectacular. so whimsical and bright! I think the eggs project will be a fun activity to try with my younger chickadees :)

CurlyPops said...

What a cool idea for the paper machie eggs. I'd quite like to have a go at that myself (don't tell anyone ok)

Sara said...

Those bonnets are adorable. I might have to steal that idea for my Will. I think they are having an Easter hat parade on his daycare day. I have to admit I am fairly clueless as to what to do. I don't have any experience with the Easter bonnet parade.

Heleen said...

You did some great crafting here!Love the bonnets and eggs!

BrisStyle Team said...

Oh, what wonderful Easter kid craft!! I particularly love those bonnets :D

love.boxes said...

How fun!

Jo said...

Very cute bonnets! Your kids look adorable in them.
I havn't been around the EB sewers since the birth of my new bub, but wanted to say Congratulations!!!!!! on your pregnancy, that is awesome.

Kylie said...

They are the cutest easter bonnets - oh and the cutest kids - but you already knew that!

Helen said...

Great hats Ingrid! For some rason our school isn't doing a parade this year...... but I'm not complaining!

Helen said...

Great hats Ingrid! For some rason our school isn't doing a parade this year...... but I'm not complaining!

Siayla said...

These are amazing hats! I absolutely LOVE the idea!

(Popped in from crafty crow)

Carolyne said...

Oh, I had to comment...These remind me of the activities my mom had us do every Easter when I was a kid! I loved them!

That's so fabulous that you are creating such great memories for your children! Their designs are gorgeous!

disa said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kids Learn @ Kiboom Daily said...

We love this Easter Bonnet craft for kids, so we shared it on site!

all the best,
Sherry + Wendy @ Kiboomu

Ashely Piers said...

This blog is content amazing information about Easter craft which is very useful for me. It very important information about Easter festival.
Thank you very much for this great information.
Easter Chicks Pattern Ideas