Saturday, May 23, 2009

rainy day mail swap fun


It is wet.

Pouring wet, with gutters overflowing and streets turned into rivers wet.

So what better way to spend the day than writing letters.


Lottie is super excited about the mail swap and I am amazed at how well she is writing and putting together her little envelopes. I admit at first I wanted to join in and make stuff with her, but she has her own ideas, and it is her swap after all, so I have left her to it and am only helping with the occasional spelling question and writing the final addresses to make sure they arrive where they are meant to go. Look out kids in Switzerland, Norway, Tasmania, Canberra and New Zealand.....mail is coming your way!


8 comments:

sophie said...

We just finished all our letters too (I mean the girls did - I tried to stay away and squash my desire to make things neat and symetrical!!) it was a perfect day for it!

Marina said...

Lottie looks very happily occupied!

Cass said...

We did exactly the same thing today although I had to give Lucy a hand sticking pictures on her cards but she did some lovely scribbles (oops I mean drawings) inside.

Jo said...

Definitely the perfect day for it here in Sydney!!

Beach Vintage said...

Fantastic to see young ones being crafty.

Kylie said...

Look at the concerntration on her face - well done Ingrid for letting her do it all - you should be proud of yourself.

Heleen said...

Sorry you had such a rainy day. I do love the rainbow drawing from your doughter

Cascade Lily said...

What a cool idea. I have Romily dictate hers to me and we send letters and cards all over the place!