Tuesday, June 09, 2009

ugly cake



Pineapple upside down cake is known as ugly cake at our place. The big monster named it that when he was small because well, it is ugly. I haven't made it for years and years but saw a recipe for it the other day so thought I would introduce ugly cake to the little ones. I even managed to make ugly cake even uglier by using a tin of crushed pineapple rather than pineapple rings, but hey, that was all I had in the cupboard. This recipe was a lot plainer than my old one. I think it needs a bit more spice. I will have to have a play around. It still tasted pretty good though, especially for something that ugly.

10 comments:

Miss Muggins said...

Nothing ugly about that!

Sara said...

Yummy!

sophie said...

It's so NOT ugly! Yum.

Belinda said...

yum, I could go a bit of ugly cake right now.

Guess where I bumped into Cass today. First word starts with R and the second word W. Oh and it's a fabric store!

Jetta's Nest said...

YUM! I haven't had any pineapple upside down cake in years! Mmmmm, it looks good :)

Hope you're feeling good too :)

Tania said...

I'll have to whisper because I appreciate the effort the Mr made when constructing his own Ugly cake for dessert last night (ours had rings). Let's just say, when you hit on the perfect recipe, would you mind letting me know?

Heleen said...

I think your ugly is Yummie!!

Bitterbetty said...

Uglicious cake.

Ugscrumptious cake.

yumgly cake.

I asked for one for my 4th Birthday because it is de-lish!

Deb said...

My mom used to make this a lot when we were kids and I really loved it! Haven't had one in years now and you've inspired me to make one, too. Looks great!

Apryl said...

I'm not keen ok pinapple but I make a fab cinnamon apple upside down cake.. normally with the apples that have been ignore in the fruit bowl until they are starting to wrinkle.