Wednesday, July 15, 2009

tea party


What better way to spice up a lazy day at home than with a tea party. Tea cups and linen are treasures from nana, wholemeal pikelets with home made apricot jam courtesy of this lady, and tiny crustless blackberry jam sandwiches with banana that were eaten before I could take a picture.


And while the kids were busy burning off all that jam-sugary goodness runnning about the yard, I was busy cutting up calico squares. I am working on a little fundraising project for mister monsters kinder. Lets say it is 80 cushions little, so maybe not so little afterall. I have until November and there will be a few other sewing mummas helping me out along the way. This is step one. Getting the pieces ready to print the kids individual artwork on, which will be the feature of each cushion.


7 comments:

Kylie said...

Looks like you are having fun on your school holidays with no kinder or preschool runs. Looking forward to seeing more of the fundraiser.

Cathy said...

your tea party sounds delightful. I love the fundraiser that you are doing - considering how far pregnant you are, I think you are extremely brave. Good luck with the next few weeks!

fi said...

i thought belinda would have made tutti frutti jam, yummmm;)what a great kinda project!

sophie said...

what an awesome idea Ingrid! Sometimes just running your cutter along fabric can be so relaxing! Thinking of you, hope you are well.

Claire - Craft Schmaft said...

What a terribly sophisticated afternoon tea! Love the pin cushion fundraiser idea.

Cass said...

No wonder I hadn't seen this post it didn't update in my bloglines

Jolie said...

love the tea!
And sounds like a fab fundraising idea...but oy vey, the calico....eek!!!