Tuesday, August 25, 2009

the cushion project



I mentioned a while back that I was working on a project for mister monster's kinder. All the kids did a drawing which we are printing onto fabric and making into a cushion. Today I did all the printing using a professional heat press. One of the other kindy mums runs a printing business and kindly transferred all the kids drawings onto the special paper, she then lent me the press so all I had to do was print them on the calico. It was fun. Just like operating a big heavy ironing press. And the results are great. Here are just a few of my favourites.




The next step is to wash all the calico squares, iron them and then start making cushions. More updates to come.

10 comments:

Corrie said...

oh my goodness how cute are they! I saw your email and will get some fabrics together for you!!! too cute, thats a big job for you though with little kitty on your hands!!!

I was complaining about repairing one zipper on a breastfeeding cushion for the multiples club but now I won't complain since your volunteer job is much more arduous!

Corrie;)

Becky said...

This is BEAUTIFUL!!
What a lovely gift idea :)

Tania said...

Um. Haven't you forgotten something? Aren't you supposed to be snoozing right alongside the newborn and never doing more than one thing in any one day?!?
!?!?

Liam's Mummy said...

They are going to be really cute! Don't know how you manage all that with a brand new baby though...

Kat said...

what a great idea! I am sure they are going to turn out great.

One Flew Over said...

What a fantastic idea! I love all the different drawings, so individual!

Christie Burnett said...

What a great idea, I can see myself modifying this one for family Christmas presents.

Thank you for sharing,
Christie
http://childhood101.blogspot.com/

Helen said...

This are looking great Ingrid! A lovely gift. I hope some of those other kindy Mums are helping!

Ellie said...

What a fantastic idea and such a great keepsake.

Oh and stop doing so much you put the rest of us to shame

Spinning Pretty said...

These will be lovely. I am very impressed, and congratulations on such a lovely family.