Monday, September 07, 2009

bush fairies party









This year Lottie wanted a bush fairies party at the local wildflower gardens. It was a gorgeous spring day and the ranger who led the party was fabulous. The kids all sat around and got to learn about and even touch some of our native wildlfe. They then went on a bushwalk to discover even more about where bush fairies might live and they even came across a wallaby and a goanna. They came back to the education centre for a craft session making glitter covered dragonflies and then of course the party food and birthday cake. They had such a fabulous time I think we will be heading back next year for Will's party. In summer they even go exploring and netting in the ponds......what fun!
Lottie is wearing a top I made at the last minute after lots of debate and some tears from me, lets just say at six I am afraid she is getting past mumma made creations. I used some of my favourite Anna Maria Horner Garden Party fabric and adapted a version of this dress to make it a top. Thank goodness I have a fresh baby to keep me sewing girly goodness for the next 6 years.

16 comments:

炳田 said...

滿........................

Tania said...

I have to admit, when kid number three turned out to be a girl, I did think of the crafting opportunities. (yikes!)

Beach Vintage said...

What a fabulous idea for a party.

Liam's Mummy said...

I'm glad Lottie ended up wearing something you created in the end.

Hoping you will be able to continue the birthday dress tradition next year, and that this was just a hiccup!

Jodie said...

Its sad when they stop wanting you to make their clothes...but it will return ...dress-ups and concerts and then (eventually)crazy refashioning!!!

Belinda said...

It sounds great! I'll have to keep it in mind for Abbey.

Cass said...

Sounds like she had a great time. We love going there for picnics

Emma said...

What a wonderful party idea! I'll have to see if there's anything like that in Adelaide!

Little Munchkins said...

After your post in EB, I am glad to hear that she is wearing something you sewed for her.

Looks like a great place for a party, and everyone had fun!

Sara said...

Oh that looks like a lovely spot for a party!

lotus said...

What a fantastic party! I think it must be every little girls dream to spot a fairy - I know it is my daughters!

Karen said...

So glad that you were able to get her to wear something you made Ingrid - even if there were tears along the way.
Sounds like a great party - my girls are ver into fairies at the moment - pleased to hear that might last a few more years.

Duyvken said...

We've been to lots of parties there and it really is wonderful! The top you made for Lottie is gorgeous.

Corrie said...

what a great idea! must remember it when keira gets a bit older, perfect for little ones

everything looks lovely!

Corrie:)

Rebecca @ Belle Blog said...

Hello, I just found your lovely blog. I loved reading through your older posts. Your new baby is beautiful and it looks like you had a fun birthday party too. I have 3 sons, so it is nice to see fun girly things to do.

I will be back for more visits to your pretty blog.

♥ Rebecca

Jessica Turner said...

hey there - I LOVE one of the cookie photos you have on your blog (2007) and would love to use it for a cookie exchange button I want to make for my blog. Could you email me?? jessicanicoleturner (at) gmail (dot) com.

My blog is www.themomcreative.com