Tuesday, December 22, 2009

cushions



Two posts in two days! What has come over me?


But I can't believe I missed posting about this. I finally finished all the 80 cushions with some help from other kindy mums and they were stuffed and sent home with the kids a few weeks ago. I was so thrilled with how they came out. Two giant bags of inserts were delivered to kindy, so we stuffed them there and silly me forgot to take my camera! I did get a picture of some of the covers before they were stuffed and kindy took a photo of a few stuffed ones for me. It really was a labour of love but well worth the effort as the kids loved them and we raised a nice big chunk of money for the kindy. And I have to say a huge thank you to all my lovely friends from the craft room who donated lots of lovely fabric to make it all possible. Apart from the calico every piece of fabric used was either donated or from my stash. It really did make a huge difference to the amount of money we raised and of course to how lovely the cushions all came out, so thanks again girls.




Will loves his new cushion and every time I spy it on his bed it makes me smile.


9 comments:

2paw said...

They're fabulous!! There is something about labours of love for the children in the class. It's doubly worth it!!

Beach Vintage said...

Oh my goodness these are fabulous. Just amazing. I wanted to thank-you for all your comments and support for 2009. Have a great Xmas and New year. Simone xx

Rach said...

They are wonderful - well done. xxx

Marina said...

What an amazing effort - love the cushions.

Hope you have a great Christmas Ingrid....

Marina.xox.

Mel said...

You should be SO PROUD!!!! The are just GORGEOUS and what lucky families to have such a treasured piece in the home! Awwww ...

Heleen said...

They all look so so pretty, a great project!!

Natalie said...

Wow, these are all just adorable - what a fantastic idea and such a lovely thing for you to organise as well - there will be lots of proud children I'm sure

Belinda said...

Good work mama! They're going to miss not having you around next year.

Cass said...

Great job Ingrid