Thursday, April 29, 2010

dreaming of coats


1. 1950's fashion, 2. Ladies Home Journal 1960, 3. Anglo Fabrics 1954 , 4. Winter coat



One thing I really miss about my past life as a girl commuting to work each day in the city, is the need for a winter coat. These days it is just cardigans and jackets and I miss my coats. I miss shopping for them. I miss wearing them. And I miss just having them hanging in my closet. Not that any of mine were ever as glamourous as these, but I did have a few that came close.

6 comments:

littlebetty said...

I know exactly what you mean - I had the same conversation with the assistant at Myers yesterday as she folded a lovely wool coat... but I wouldn't go back to work to wear coats, that's for sure! :)

Belinda said...

oh yes, I remember have a delicious red coat. It cost me nearly half my weekly wage. I love it so.

CurlyPops said...

I'm so looking forward to some colder weather just so I can wear my coats!

Miss Amy said...

I just wear them anyway ;)

ecoMILF said...

Yes, I used to have the most gorgeous empire waisted black coat. Long gone now. It's all about vests and jumpers and hoodies now. One day... xo m.

Leni and Rose said...

Same goes over here! My gorgeous black coat has been hiding away for a few years now...hmmm, I might just bring it out this winter anyway! I'll be a bit of a glamourous mummy!