Tuesday, May 11, 2010

kids clothes week - day one

I am floundering a bit already. I had planned on doing some prep and cutting out on the weekend, but with mother's day and other activities, I never got around to it. So last night (day one) was spent organising fabric and patterns. I traced off three patterns and will hopefully get started putting them together today.

This is what I have planned so far but I am also hoping to do a few pairs of easy pull on pants for both Will and Kitty.


A version of this yoked dress in floral baby cord for Kitty.

some raw edge tops for Will from a japanese magazine

Burda gathered side pants in denim for Lottie

skirt for Lottie, she wants it in this oilily velvet but I am not convinced it would work so am yet to cut it out. I will see if I can find another fabric in my stash that she likes.

9 comments:

Corrie said...

gorgeous! I always feel better once I cut out things and give myself an afternoon to cut and set it aside for the next afternoon that I'm in the mood and have the time!

corrie:)

Fran said...

What a great variety of vintage patterns! I always find tracing and cutting out to be my least favourite bit - once that's done your halfway home!! Can't wait to see the finished garments

Little Munchkins said...

I can't wait to see the finished items! I have some of those oilily fabric - gorgeous!

Sally said...

I'm excited to see how that Enid Gilchrist dress turns out. Should be super.

Natalie said...

Can't wait to see what you make Ingrid! I love the patterns you have chosen

Karen said...

All sounds great Ingrid - that Oilily velvet is close to my heart - I spent lots of time watching a small girl in her outfit in it last year.
Now you're up to the fun part!

Miss Amy said...

Looks good cant wait to see it :) I have that burda pants pattern, so so easy to make you will fly through it :)

naomi said...

I love that raw edged top. Not only super cute but super speedy to sew!

Michele said...

I look forward to seeing some super-cute clothes in the coming days then. Sew sew sew!

On another note, thank you for visiting my new blog the other day, I'm having so much fun with it, and to get encouragement from lovely comments like yours, means alot to me! Thanks!

Michele