Friday, May 14, 2010

kid's clothes week - days two, three and four

I have been no where near as productive as I had hoped. Kitty and I both have headcolds and lying down in the sunshine sipping tea is far more appealing than sewing. I decided to scrap the plans I had made and instead whip up simple easy patterns that are old favourites, ones I can do with my eyes practically shut (which they almost were), rather than new patterns which would need more concentration.




So on Tuesday I made two pairs of easy pull on pants for Kitty. One in the Oilily print stretch velvet and one in sage green cord. Then on Wednesday I cut out a little pini and sewed it up last night, now it is just awaiting buttons. I also have two sweatshirts cut and ready to sew for Will which I will hopefully get all finished today.It is so hard to get good pics of baby pants when they are being worn by a squirming crawler, but you get the idea. They are a bit too long, but at the rate she is growing I figure it is better that way, easier to roll them up now to be worn than to have to take down a hem later.




Check out what everyone else is up to over at elsie marley.

10 comments:

Peta said...

those pants look great, and really suit her - well done! (a very cute model too ... )

Leah said...

cute pants, but *swoon* over gorgeous Kitty :)

Natalie said...

No way can Kitty be old enough to be standing already!!! Her pants looks as adorable as she is and I love the fabric you've chosen for the pini. With these, plus what you have ready to go, I think you've been very productive

Little Munchkins said...

The pinni looks great and the pants is awesome! Kitty looks gorgeous wearing them.

ange_moore said...

Gorgeous pants - love the fabric. Thanks for joining up for the Vintage Sheet FQ Swap - just need an email address please!

Miss Sew & So said...

how lovely- i stumbled upon you via *beach vintage* & have become follower 100- i think theres something special in that....we are from syd but have been here in the english countryside for 2 years with our 3 kids....and i have a small sewing buisness from home here...your 'pieces' are lovely and your little one is an angel...
melissa :)

AJ said...

Beautiful Ingrid...Miss Kitty is divine!

Marina said...

I love the way you used that gorgeous fabric for the pinny, Ingrid. The pants look both pretty and super comfy..... And as for the model!!

Sally said...

Those pants are super cool!!! Your girl looks so gorgeous. Just ace.

Mon Alisa Design said...

Oh look how she's grown! What a treasure :) And she's rocking those pants! xxx