Wednesday, June 30, 2010

sweet vintage woolies


I love that in winter I can pull out my collection of vintage baby knits and play dress up with Kitty. This is one of my favourites. It even has matching bloomers but in this icy weather Kitty needed a bit more on her little legs. I think I picked this one up at a thrift store or maybe ebay, I can't remember. This will be one of the last times she wears it as the sleeves are getting a little short.


I really really wish I knew how to knit and crochet *sigh*

8 comments:

Kylie said...

How cute - maybe we should swap skills - your sewing for my knitting/crochet skills:)

Heart Felt said...

I love this, I do something similar with a knitted dress of mine when I was a baby....sadly Sadie has grown out of it now. Hopefully it will be handed down a third generation. Gorgeous photograph too. xx

Lotus said...

Oh so cute and too sad when they grow out of your favourites!

The Awesome 4 said...

How sweet!
I wish I could sew like you but I like that I can at least knit and crochet. Making anything handmade is a great thing! :)

Selina said...

It's far too enjoyable to knit/crochet for you not to learn Ingrid! I hope a crafty person near you volunteers to teach you!

~ Kim ~ said...

It's beautiful. I am a basic knitter but I am challenging myself to make a cardigan for my daughter. I've also just taught myself how to crochet and it really isn't as hard as it seems. If I didn't have my young ones to look after I would have joined a knitting guild to learn.

Duyvken said...

LOVE

Lillabilly said...

Oh I soooo love little vintage knits like these, they remind me of when my little girl was a baby too. I've just learnt to crochet - off the internet! It wasn't as hard as I thought - if you want to give it a go there's lots of tutorials on you tube or try the "Meet Me At Mikes" website for some basics (in the sidebar)Good Luck!