Tuesday, July 27, 2010

close the page if you don't like holiday snaps

This post is the equivilent of Aunt Betty and Uncle Alfred sitting you down after dinner and forcing you to sit through a slide show of their campervan holiday around the gardens of England. You can either grin your way through it or be the first one out of your seat to go and hide in the kitchen and insist on doing all the washing up. So quick, now is your chance to get away. Run while you can. The beauty of the internet is that I will never know. Of course anyone who stays long enough to get to the end and leave a comment will be bumped up the christmas list and may even get 50 cents sticky-taped to the inside of their card this year.

Hang on tight folks, here we go!


The lookout at the end of our street

A Day at Everglades Gardens

This place is fabulous. We had never been there before but will definitely be going back. Take a picnic and let the kids run wild!

running through the trees


beautiful pathways everywhere



the 'listening' pose - the kid is wacky what else can I say


shoe shot
just because it seems to be the blogging thing to do at the moment
and it will spare you a shot of my face


winding stone pathways


picnic time


Awwwwww, my sweet baby girl


amazingly beautiful gardens


old stuff everywhere


the 'running' pose - inspired by statues


the pool - too cold for swimming but lovely just the same


more lovely stone walls and pathways - this place is an adventure dreamland for kids


look! Another stone birdbath and more stone pathways


Ahhhh, just beautiful!


Scenic World

riding a horse, this one requires no carrots


ARGHHHHHHHHH! Hang on tight!




Two kids had to share a queen size bed for a whole week.
The boy insists he is not a bed hog but we have the proof!


Lovely places for long walks


Pony rides in the megalong valley. Meet Body the pony.


Hanging out at the Mount Victoria pub after a big lunch


Leuralla gardens and toy museum


buying some train tickets from scary mannequin man


Oh to live in a house like this


Time for a cup of tea I think. You deserve one too if you made it this far.

9 comments:

chaletgirl said...

Lovely photos! I never thought of the Everglades as a place to visit, but I will put it on my list for next time with the kids.Thanks!

Beach Vintage said...

Great holiday snaps! Thanks so much for your kind words on my blog last friday. Hugs. Simone xx

Toria said...

Actually, I was just about to make a cup of tea, so I think I'll go do that now.

You went to a few of my favourite places.

Natalie said...

Wow, looks like a really wonderful place to stay - I love all the holiday photos, great to see you all had a fantastic time!

Cass said...

Looks like a great time. I'll take my cup of tea now by a nice open fire.

Suz said...

Oh, that looks like a lovely tranquil place for a getaway. Love all the stone.
Great photos and not at all the usual boring holiday snaps!

Foxglove Spires said...

Your holiday photos are wonderful, the Blue Mountains is a lovely place to go, I love it in the winter time.

Leni and Rose said...

Looks like you had an absolutely wonderful time!

Jacinta said...

Yes, I do deserve a cup of tea but we've run out of milk. UGH.
LOL@ boy insisting he doesn't hog the bed. I think it is just common knowledge that boys hog the bed no matter how old they are!!
Your holiday pics look awesome ...perhaps some day we'll make it up that far. Your little girl is seriously gorgeous. :)