Tuesday, July 20, 2010

party day

Thank you for all the lovely birthday wishes for Kitty and the sweet comments about her dress. Here are some photos from the big day. As you can see the dress came out rather short and wide, which is not the ideal fit on my long skinny girl. I am not sure why it came out like that, as I have made this pattern before but this is the first time I have made the version with sleeves, so perhaps that had something to do with it. Anyhoo, it will fit as a top long into the summer so that is a good thing I guess. It is lucky I had a white frilly nappy cover already as you can see that she really needed one and I didn't think to make one that matched.

A few people asked about the pattern and fabric. The pattern is vintage butterick 9682 and the fabric is a polished cotton from Spotlight of all places! It is lovely to sew with and I will be going back to try and get some more as I would love to make a few more things with it.

Lots and lots of photos ahead. I couldn't resist sharing the ones of Kitty enjoying her birthday feast of chicken sandwiches and cake!










17 comments:

zofia said...

I think it looks adorable on Kitty.
How ever did she keep it clean! ;)

Margaret said...

The bottom photo is great.

Suz said...

Oh, happy belated birthday to Kitty. She really is adorable!

naomi said...

oh Ingrid, she looks just gorgeous in the dress! The fabric is stunning. I love the cake eating photos too!
Happy birthday Kitty!

x

Rachel said...

Lovely! the dress, cake and baby are all so pretty. Can't believe its been a year!

Xena said...

She looked so sweet and lovely in her pretty dress. Wow 1yr has gone so quick. happy Birthday Kitty!

Little Munchkins said...

Thanks for sharing those pics, Kitty is adorable.

Foxglove Spires said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter. The dress is gorgeous and so is your daughter. This is the first time I have visited your blog and have had a wonderful visit, Thank you.

Jacinta said...

Spotlight does have some great fabric when you find them!
I LOVE baldy babies! My soon to be 2yr old has as much hair as Kitty but they just look so darn cute. :)

Sally said...

I am so glad that the day went well.
Beautiful beautiful photos.

Cindy said...

oh - the dress is sooo lovely! In that top photo she just looks like a gorgeous vintage doll.
Congratuations on 1 year mumma and happy birthday to Kitty

Natalie said...

Just adorable, both Kitty and the dress! Looks like she had a lovely day

Lillabilly said...

What a delightful dress and even prettier baby! And that cake is the most perfectly pinkest one I've ever seen! Just right for a little one year old.

Bubby Makes Three said...

both Kitty AND that dress are way too cute!! Love your blog! x

Running Thread said...

I think the dress is perfect! Lovely pics too x

tigerfilly said...

Isn't she just adorable! How could she possibly be one already though!!

Marina said...

Sorry to be so late in catching up Ingrid, but she looks just so delicate and adorable and the dress is amazing!