Monday, August 02, 2010

In search of a new stroller

image from here

I have a secret love of prams. I relished every moment Kitty was small enough to be pushed around in my old emmaljunga silver star in bassinet mode. I felt like an english nanny pushing my charge around the park for her daily dose of fresh air. It was also a handy portable bed for day trips or just around the house. Now that she is bigger it doesn't get used quite as much, in fact it is currently sitting in the garage gathering dust. These days her prefered wheels are the pimped up phil & ted. It was looking rather forlorn after years of hard use, so I gave it a makeover with new skins and cute japanese fabric liner and now it is our favourite ride.

The downside is that is is quite big and bulky so I am stroller dreaming and saving my pennies for something new. I could perhaps steal a shopping cart and weld it into something like the vintage model above or perhaps if I am extra lucky and a very very good girl I could become the proud owner of a Cath Kidston limited edition maclaren. If only the pound wasn't so darn strong and the shipping to Australia so expensive *sigh*

11 comments:

Karen said...

Oooh I love Kitty's 'pimped up' wheels the new liner looks great with the green.

Suz said...

Very pretty - and very pricey. But you could do a plain Maclaren with a Cath Kidson inspired liner? I loved my Maclaren Quest - second best baby thing I bought, I swear.

Bubby Makes Three said...

I like that too!! My problem is, with a new baby coming, do I by one of those ghastly double strollers? My gorgeous parents in law splashed out and got us the Bugaboo Cameleon for Fern and I am loathe to give it up! But it is going to be ever so impractical with 2 bubbys... only solution is to quite possibly never leave the house again!

clare Carter said...

as soon as this was released earlier in the year I was wondering how insane it would be to get pregnant just so i could push around some Cath.........i havent caved but seeing Jools Oliver pushing one around made me a little green!And I too had an emmaljunga with bassinet.oh those were the days!

Toria said...

Love your pimped up Phil & Ted. The English pound isn't really that strong at the moment, is it? I bought some stuff from the UK recently & was really happy with how little I paid for it, the exchange is much better for us than when we were there a few years back.

Bubby makes Three - having no idea how old your eldest is, this could be a useless suggestion, but how about attaching a 'skateboard' to your loved bugaboo, for the eldest to ride on.

Suzy said...

I love the Cath Kidston Maclaren! I bought the Kate Spade one when we were in the US last year - so much cheaper there. I second the idea of a plain Maclaren with pretty liner, I made some for Ali's plain grey Vogue and it helped keep it clean and stopped confusion at the park.

Looks aside, they are great strollers - I love how little space they take up in the boot of the car, and it's easy to push them around on narrow footpaths.

rebekka said...

Oh my gosh. Seriously!!! I just so happen to be in the market for a stroller myself...my first one! I LOVE THIS! Can I afford this? Probably not. But I can dream.

Little Munchkins said...

Doesn't that pimped up P&T look gorgeous! Mine is boring grey.

I used to love my Maclaren...until I got my Quinny Zapp. It's so lightweight and folds up to quite small. I love it!

Edie said...

I haz that stroller :)

Just purchased this week from Tina, Indigo and Hunters mum

LOVE it.

Jacinta said...

Your pimped up P&T looks awesome!
I just bought one in red (cause it goes faster!) and man, makes life so much easier ... my 2yr old WANTS to sit in it because she's at the top and bubba is in the bottom. hehe. Better than trying to motivate her to follow along without touching anything!!

www.modelmumma.blogspot.com

Bellgirl said...

My Bug has an old Emmalunga for cross-country, and a secon-hand McLaren for the car boot- it's been a great combo!