Wednesday, September 15, 2010

vintage fabric cushions



I found this fabulous vintage fabric on our recent trip to the mountains. As soon as I got home I cut it up, ready to make cushions, but the enthusiasm ended there. Mr Big made a comment about the fabric being too bright and that gave me some doubts. So the pieces have been gathering dust until this week when I finally decided to sew them up and see how they looked on the lounge. I am so glad I did as I am in love with them. I still have another two to finish, but I wanted to share a pic now.

Ahhhh I love vintage fabric. These have turned out so much nicer than I had hoped and are just perfect!







10 comments:

Jacinta said...

They are seriously fantastic! What a great find.
I like how they've got the buttons. Were the cushions easy to sew?

Xena said...

they do look fantastic, what a great find.

sophie said...

they're beautiful Ingrid, well done!

Mel @ Skye Rocket Sews said...

Love them! The fabric is amazing!

Suz said...

These are lovely - very grown up and sophisicated, yet sweet at the same time.

Cass said...

I love them too

spectacularfairywren said...

love em

barbara said...

How pretty are these?

Randiga TrĂ¥den said...

Lovely.

Not Perfect But Nice said...

Very stylish.