Monday, November 01, 2010

dinner


Yummy yummy. I love warm salads for dinner.

This one is roast beetroot and potato on baby spinach. Just roast the beetroot and potato with some whole garlic cloves, a sprig of rosemary and a good splash of olive oil. When they are ready add a good grind of salt and put on a bed of baby spinach leaves.
(If you hate prepping beetroot you could be lazy like me and buy the ready to roast packs from coles. You will need to add more garlic and rosemary though to make it really delicious)
I served the salad with home made sausage rolls to keep the family meat eaters happy but it is perfectly delicious all on its own if you aren't the carnivorous type.

4 comments:

AJ said...

Looks yummy Ingrid!

Karen said...

Yum, Yum, Yum! I love beetroot and am trying to think of ways to make my family appreciate it as much as me - this might be the trick.
Thanks Ingrid.

Lizeylou said...

That salad looks delicious ... I have salad envy!!

Kylie said...

Yum! Any chance of a recipe?? I have a couple of beetroots here and I think that would be perfect!