Friday, November 05, 2010

EB doll quilt swap 2010

Today was opening day for the Essential Baby doll quilt swap. There is a wonderful bunch of sewing quilting gals on EB and each year they run this swap. I haven't done any other swaps this year as I have been out of the sewing groove since Kitty was born so it was nice to jump back in and get swapping again.

I received the most beautiful quilt from Bec. The colours are perfect, the detail amazing and it is just perfectly me. Look at the fabulous binding and fancy label! I feel so spoilt. Thank you so much Bec. I love love love it! I had intended on using it as a doll quilt for the dolly corner in Kitty's room, but I think it is too lovely for that and I will hang it on her bedroom wall instead. I did have to let dolly Jeanie have one little snuggle under it first though.











And here is a pic of the quilt I made for AJ that I gave a sneak peek of before. I was so nervous making this as not only is AJ one of the loveliest quilting gals I know, but she is also one of the most talented. What a relief that she likes it. You can see her sweet little boy helping her unwrap it here. Isn't he handsome.


13 comments:

becanne said...

Gee you take great photos!
I'm glad you like it - Jeanie looks quite cozy under it.

Your quilting worked out beautifully in the end, I'm sure AJ will display it with pride.

Anna - tillytom.com.au said...

Just gorgeous! The colours are fantastic and the quilting amazing, lucky you!

Suz said...

Oh, these are both great. You both did such a fabulous job. Well done.

Off to check out everyone elses!

LittleWhiteDove said...

Lucky you! The quilt is lovely, as is the one you made AJ. I'm kicking myself now I didn't go in the swap!

Helen said...

Perfect Ingrid!!!! Both the one your received and made, both are lovely.

Mrs A said...

that is just gorgeous, i have a star quilt in progress, not sure if it will be as good as that one.

Cass said...

They are both gorgeous.

Hoola Tallulah said...

What a delightful blog you have! This quilt is gorgeous, and your photos are so so lovely. I will certainly be popping back to peek into your world again. Oh, and i LOVE those cushions you made from vintage fabric!

princess pudge said...

That star is AMAZING! I would be far too scared to attempt that for someone else!!

I love your little quilt and I think we should get one now cause you know, we all love quilts ;)

Little Munchkins said...

That quilt you made is amazing! I love it, you did a great job.

Emma said...

Both quilt are beautiful. I'm rather jealous of AJ!

Edie said...

Stunning both of them!

I wish i was that talented!

Libbie said...

What beautiful quilting!!! My mom is a skilled quilter & I so admire the time & style it takes to make a beautiful quilt! Love the little one with the dollie!!!