Friday, November 19, 2010

time for a puppet show


I am about to try out my first Oliver + s pattern. Although I do think their patterns are lovely I have never tried them in the past as the styles are so similar to vintage ones I have in my collection. It was the shorts in this one that won me over. I traced and cut the pattern last night so hopefully today I will get sewing.

Isn't this fabric gorgeous? It is so liberty-esque! I picked it up at Spotlight and the range was even called Liberty! They had 4 or 5 prints available in cotton and voile. I chose a few favourites but am now wishing I got a lot more as it seems they have sold out. If anyone spots any of these please let me know. I would love to get my hands on some more.

9 comments:

Kate said...

I tried my first Oliver and S pattern just over a month ago and now I own 4 of them - I love them. That is great fabric for it.

thornberry said...

Beautiful fabric - I look forward to seeing the finished outfit! Now I'm off to my local Spotty while crossing my fingers to see if they have any of that gorgeous print left.

Karen said...

I missed that one too Ingrid - I think good stuff like this sells out fast!
I have traed that pattern off but am yet to make it - must get onto that...

LittleWhiteDove said...

That pattern looks adorable - I may have to get one and make an outfit for little miss. Cute fabric too, can't wait to see the end result!

Liam's Mummy said...

I've made a puppet show outfit for a friend's baby. I loved the pattern so much, I went and bought the larger size too when I heard it was being discontinued. It's the shorts that grabbed me too.

Leah (mummy made it) said...

I bought it too, that exact one, thinking it was libertyish.

Jacinta said...

I bought an O&S pattern two years ago and still haven't used it. Whoops! I really should make it (it's a cute bubble dress) for my toddler for Christmas...
Very cute fabric. Can't wait to see how it turns out! :)
MODELmumma

Duyvken said...

Gorgeous!
Can't wait to see how those shorts turn out.

Brenda said...

oooh, would love to see how these turned out Ingrid!