Wednesday, March 23, 2011

winter woollies from the thrift store


I haven't been to my favourite op-shop in ages, so yesterday with a few free hours to spare in the morning Kitty and I packed our snacks and drinks and off we went. I was so disappointed as I did not find one thing. No linens, no clothes, no patterns, not even a measly little golden book. Disheartened we headed home and on the way passed another thrift store and decided to stop. I left the stroller in the car and let Kitty run free this time, and while she happily danced to the old doo-wap music they had playing, I struck winter time thrifting gold!




Three gorgeous pure wool blankets, one for each of the small children. I am in love with the colours of them. The small one on top is cot size, ideal for Kitty, but a bit stained so I will have to try some wool soap and sunshine. The bigger two are single bed size and in perfect condition. Look how pretty they look in the sunlight!




And this sweet little knitted dress for the Kitten. Unlike the vintage dress I posted last week which I fear is going to be too small, I think this one will be a bit too big. It had a few age spots but has come up all fresh and clean after a wash and is now hanging up waiting for some cooler weather, hopefully she will get to wear it soon and not have to wait until next winter.




All that winter woollie goodness for the grand total of $12. Happy day!

8 comments:

kirsty said...

oh so lovely! what great finds. sometimes it just pays to persevere.

x

naomi said...

nice one Ingrid! I have a pile of woolen blanket here almost identical - the colours are just beautiful!

Bellgirl said...

I love these old blankets- I had one like the top one on my bed when I was little! I'd love to find one like the green one for my Bug, it's such beautiful colours.

Edie said...

I want it!!!! Send it to Miss Mena when Kitty is finished with it :P

ingrid said...

I would love to send it your way Edie, but you will be waiting awhile, I think it is about a size 3!

dixiebelle said...

Great work! It's hard to get blankets like that in op shops anymore...

The Op Shop Goddess was guiding you today!!

little love said...

Ahhhhhh! Gotta love a day like that! xx

Tania said...

Aren't those blankets just lovely? Living in a cold climate they are always in the op shops here (so of course I have a cupboardful!) And the little dress is divine - looks very similar to one my daughter has! Love your taste!