Saturday, April 30, 2011

craft punk - diabolical doilies

What a fabulous time I had today stitching with Cass and Fran. We met at the Powerhouse museum for a craft punk {diabolical doilies} session with Tamara Maynes. It was an eclectic group with some more experienced stitchers and a whole lot of beginners. There was even a father there stitching away happily with his teenage son and daughter. Tamara was a great teacher - patient, helpful and a whole lot of fun.

After choosing our doilies from a pile of Tamara's lovely vintage treasures we set about deciding on a font and tracing it on, ready for stitching. After a quick lesson from Tamara we were off! I still have a lot of work to do on my 'sweet dreams' piece, but hopefully it won't be too long before it is hanging up in Kitty's bedroom.





Craft Punk sessions are set to be a regular event at the Powerhouse and I will definitely be going back for more. There were groups next to us working on crochet, jewellery making and knitting and it all looked like so much fun. I think next time I will make a day of it and do a morning session and then try a different one in the afternoon. It sounds greedy, I know, but when it comes to craft, I am a glutton.

8 comments:

Kylie said...

how utterly gorgeous!

Cass said...

Thanks for a great day. I might have to steal your photos

kim rakes said...

these are wonderful girl!! i would give my left tit to be able to embroider correctly! i doubt anyone would even notice it was gone haha ;)

Abra said...

oh my gosh, i LOVE this!

Fran said...

thanks again Ingrid - it was so much fun! Your stitching looks fantastic. I think you might be onto something doing two sessions next time round....

Danielle said...

i love these! i have always wanted to do...i can only do the simple x stitch. love the "wippiness" of this stitch and the handwritten notes. :)

ivylovesjack said...

I LOVE this idea!!! So cool, I will surely be making one myself!

Anonymous said...

Sooo pretty Ingrid, will have to join you next time. b x