Saturday, April 16, 2011

a day at the royal easter show



We had a fabulous day out at the Sydney Royal Easter Show yesterday. Kitty had her first carousel ride and even went down the giant slide. Lottie braved the giant wave swing and even some crazy raft ride which made my stomach turn just watching it shake around. Will rode the gold mine roller coaster four times and would have gone back for more if we had let him. We ate dagwood dogs, gelato and cheese on stick. We saw cows, chickens, goats, pigs, llamas and lots of other 'stinky' farm animals. We walked till our feet ached and we had a great time!

The kids came home with showbags full of sugar and fun and I even got my own Kewpie doll on a stick.

Happy days!



4 comments:

Posie Patchwork said...

Oh i feel ill just reading this post, the memories of all the sunshine, bright lights, dizzy speeds, sugary show bags - you know i've managed to avoid the Easter Show since i was a teenager, i know, have never taken my children to it either. Next year i promise, my nephew is there showing his prize Hereford Bull so now we really have something to see. Love Posie

Little Munchkins said...

Your kids are braver than me. I wouldn't dare go on those rides!

Natalie said...

I love going to the show, we haven't been for the last couple of years, so maybe this is the year for us - Cheriese would really get into it now too.

kim at allconsuming said...

Oh you are so much braver than me. Easter Show is only every second year in this house. To allow me time to recover.