Monday, April 04, 2011

little dresses for Blythe


Sunny has some new dresses. I think I need some practice working with such teeny tiny pieces, but it was a lot of fun and also very addictive. I have a whole new wardrobe planned already! I used the party dress and a-line dress patterns from puchicollective. Also waiting in my sewing pile is a set of vintage skipper patterns which I paid way too much for on ebay, but couldn't resist.

This was also my first attempt at a little photo shoot with a doll and it was much harder than I thought. A whole new dolly world of fun has opened up with sewing and making and playing and photographing. One Blythe doll is not enough for a household with three dolly loving girls, so I think we will have to find another girl who needs a home. I am even contemplating some kind of cheapy imitation Blythe for Kitty. She is completely enthralled with the eye changing and would love nothing better than to drag Sunny around all day, tugging repeatedly on her string.


7 comments:

Kate said...

Love her little dresses. In the past week I have gone from "what weird dolls' to 'I need 4 - one for each girl and me'. I am with you - I need something cheap for Eva - any recommendations.

Bec @ honi design said...

An awl (spelling?? The long pointy tool) became my best friend when sewing small dresses!

Search eBay for a 'blybe' doll- they're a cheapy knock off of Blythe and look pretty close to the real thing!

naomi said...

Gorgeous Ingrid! Have you seen the Blythe dolls that come with "littlest pet shops"? Not quiet as pretty as yours, but maybe a cheaper option... hmm come to think of it, they would be very tricky to sew clothes for too, oh well!

sophie said...

too cute Ingrid!

jersey wrap dress said...

Most of the clothing the little girls in my family wear have been handmade by someone. I know their pattern sizes, but not the off-the-rack sizes. :)the article reminded me of some of my clothes .. thanks a lot

Small Things Simple Pleasures said...

That top dress looks like it's straight off the set of Mad Men (if all the actors were teeny tiny). Really beautiful.

ringmaster said...

i got my first doll "nicky lad" for christmas and now i have gulp 5! my daughter has her own that was given to us and it is an ashton drake. they aren"t as much money. and yes there are the blybes also. sewing tiny clothes is addicting!