Thursday, May 05, 2011

kiddy style {hand-me-down love}

I have just pulled out a massive box of Lotties old clothes to sort through and wash ready for Kitty. It is so much fun coming across old favourites. I can't wait to see my small girl wearing treasured items for the first time. None of them are ready to wear yet though as they need a good freshen up in the wash and the weather here has been nothing but grey skies and rain for the last week.
The sun is shining today though, so hopefully it will be a good wash day.

In the mean time here is Kitty wearing some other hand-me-downs that were already in her wardrobe. This little dress was thrifted when Lottie was a baby. First she wore it as a dress then as a top. Then Kitty wore it as a dress all summer long and now it has become a top again. Autumn means we need to layer it over a top and jeans, but I think it looks even cuter that way.





spencer worn as tee by Marquise
top - vintage from the local op-shop
jeans - hand-me-down pumpkin patch


Pop over to hart + sew to check out some more little vintage style. And don't forget small style over at mama loves papa (and while you are there, take a second to vote for Morgan in the circle of moms top 25).

A few people asked to see a picture of me in my wedding dress in my last post. Your wish is my command - I am trying to figure out how to scan a photo into the computer as I got married back in the dark ages and don't have any digital images at all. You may just end up with a photo of a photo, but I will try my best.

13 comments:

ringmaster said...

adorable!!!! we LOVE hand me downs!

Edith's Closet said...

So precious! I love the sweetness of the top paired with the worn in jeans. :)

Natalie said...

just lovely! I can't believe how quickly Kitty is growing up though

Corey Moortgat said...

Yes, I just love a vintage top with little jeans- that's what my sweetie's wearing this week, too!

kim rakes said...

Isn't it great? I love to see a pic of Haley in a dress and then Cameron in it the next year! This little top is so cute, I am such a sucker for florals.

Cass said...

Cute

Belinda aka beeware said...

So cute..love a hand-me-down.

bettina said...

Cute Ingrid, I remember lotte dragging her little knee in those. b x

Brianna said...

She's darling. Hand me downs are great...as are dresses that become tops.

Morgan said...

What a darling little dress/top. I love dresses in that you can keep using them after they're too short to be dresses. And, with two girls- perfect!

Also, I absolutely ADORE the names Lottie and Kitty!

As always, thanks so much for joining in with Small Style!! :)

Stacy said...

i'm looking forward to handing down all of lm's clothes to lark. they grow so fast its nice to be able to use them again - especially the items you really love! she is too cute!

Yellow Finch Designs said...

Great pictures!!

Bianca said...

What a gorgeous dress! It looks great with those jeans!!